• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Rebuild Project

Motakitty

And if anyone asks just say your testing out the vise

G

Stygian said:
LOL, I just laughed so hard especially with that face you added at the end of your statement, but very good idea. I'm just trying to picture how channel locks would snap it in.
Like this.

G

Stygian said:
LOL use your channel locks much?
That's a set off my work truck. It's used outdoors and is like 10yrs old. LOL

I never mix the shop and work truck tools. That was the closest set to snap ya a pic. :cool:

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That's a set off my work truck. It's used outdoors and is like 10yrs old. LOL I never mix the shop and work truck tools. That was the closest set to snap ya a pic. :cool:
aahh ok, I appreciate the picture, going to go pick me up a pair I'm sure I will need them for this project and later on down the road, again really appreciate all your help.

Motakitty

I like craftsmen tools, pretty cheap and if you ever break it just bring it back and they give you a new one for life. I've even had a guy mod a tool to fit what he was working on then bring it back to sears for a new one, no questions asked

Stygian

Banned
Motakitty said:
I like craftsmen tools, pretty cheap and if you ever break it just bring it back and they give you a new one for life. I've even had a guy mod a tool to fit what he was working on then bring it back to sears for a new one, no questions asked
Yeah I love craftsmans very good tools for good prices.

G

rampage idiot said:
Why 5b fronts are rears too tall?
Baja front and rear wheels are the same height or diameter. The rears are wider. It's just personal preference. I wanted them to match. I don't think you need the fat rears with 4WD. Here it is with the wide rears out back.

Motakitty

The extra width helps with traction I would imagine, but you want then all the same height cause we have 4wd. If the rears are taller then that changes the final drive ratio and can wear the diffs faster

Dreggsta

yes they help w/traction but really it's preference. all skinnies will work too. i went to skinny/wides to lighten the load & to ease up load on the drivetrain. that's my preference.

Stygian

Banned
ok I have a few questions here, first off I bought http://www.davesmotors.com/jj575 and just received it today but not too sure how it goes together plus the o-ring looks way different than shown here is a pic of what I got. So my question is does the o-ring go inside the fuel tank or on the outside as the tank gormment doesn't even fit inside it

Second question is do I need to use both of these. the black game with the above purchase but I like the silver fuel filter better.

G

Motakitty said:
The extra width helps with traction I would imagine, but you want then all the same height cause we have 4wd. If the rears are taller then that changes the final drive ratio and can wear the diffs faster
They are the same height. The Bajas are 2WD so wider rears is a must.

G

Stygian said:
ok I have a few questions here, first off I bought http://www.davesmotors.com/jj575 and just received it today but not too sure how it goes together plus the o-ring looks way different than shown here is a pic of what I got. So my question is does the o-ring go inside the fuel tank or on the outside as the tank gormment doesn't even fit inside it

Second question is do I need to use both of these. the black game with the above purchase but I like the silver fuel filter better.

The oring is for the gas cap on the Baja.

You are just using it for the vent? You can use either.

Stygian

Banned
I'm not sure what i'm using the filter for lol, I just saw that someone was using it liked the way it looked so I figured I would give it a shot, doesn't it go on the fuel line that goes into the fuel or does it go on the return?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts