• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Rebuild Project

Stygian

Banned
Thanks they are very nice in price

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

G

There are a couple out there for the Baja. IRP and TGN both have one. The holes won't line up. You can either drill a new set, or add some spacers to your wing mounts. That's what I did.

Stygian

Banned
Ok I have a few issues and questions, first off, I have a stripped screw that I cannot get out and I have one screw that the hole is stripped and won't come out, they are both in the front top upper top plate.

Second, is there a place I can order the receiver tray in aluminum as I hate this big long plastic piece.

http://i.imgur.com/lCl8ptTl.jpg

G

Stygian said:
nice, Im still amazed how you get your aluminum parts to look so shiny I cannot for the live of me to get them very shiny lol.
Lots of elbow grease. ;)

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Lots of elbow grease. ;)
LOL then I have to be using the wrong stuff, I use the easy off oven cleaner to remove the anodize then dip it in grease lightning and scrub it with steel wool, it just still comes out kinda dull and not very chrome like looking.

G

Stygian said:
Ok I have a few issues and questions, first off, I have a stripped screw that I cannot get out and I have one screw that the hole is stripped and won't come out, they are both in the front top upper top plate.Second, is there a place I can order the receiver tray in aluminum as I hate this big long plastic piece.

http://i.imgur.com/lCl8ptTl.jpg
I have had with good luck jamming a torx bit into a rounded hex screw.

I have never seen that piece in aluminum. I know Redcat currently doesn't have them.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
I have had with good luck jamming a torx bit into a rounded hex screw.I have never seen that piece in aluminum. I know Redcat currently doesn't have them.
Yes, I tried that it just drilled out into a big hole now, on the one that the hole is stripped, how would you recommend getting it out, the screw it's self isn't stripped so it will turn just fine, but just doesn't unscrew.

G

Sounds like you are talking about the two screws that go through the steering rack.?

They thread into a metal post that also has a screw on the bottom that holds it two the chassis. If it is spinning you need to keep the bottom one from turning to disassemble it.

Stygian

Banned
you nailed it right on the head the one on the right is the one that spins and the one on the left is the one that has a stripped screw head

Motakitty

You have to hold the bottom screw as you unscrew the top one, I had that on mine but hey it might be striped. I might have another screw for you that I can include with that motor

Stygian

Banned
No that's not the issue, if you look at the picture you can see the screw is stripped to hell so there's no way to turn it lol, there has to be a way to get it out.

Motakitty

What I've done in the past is to drill the head of the screw off, just use a drill bit thats bigger then the thread and drill the head of the screw and the head of the screw will come off so you can get the part out then use vise grips to turn the screw.

G

Stygian said:
No that's not the issue, if you look at the picture you can see the screw is stripped to hell so there's no way to turn it lol, there has to be a way to get it out.
You can also use a dremal to grind a slit in the head. Then use a flat head screw driver to remove it.

Motakitty

RCDAD said:
You can also use a dremal to grind a slit in the head. Then use a flat head screw driver to remove it.
This way would be the way I would try first. Maybe try a flat head bit in a ratchet to get more torque on the screw

Stygian

Banned
Damn I don't have a dremel looks like I will be going to the store in the morning

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rampagemt

Motakitty said:
Dremal is a must have tool you'll use it all the time it's great
A dremmel is a must have that's for sure. Good luck hope you get it out! If you have any torx bits find one rafts a little big and pound it in. I do it all the time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts