• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Rebuild Project

G

Holy crap! That pic is a big file!

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That's how it do it with the press so I don't damage the shock end. :cool:
Nice, in the picture I posted is it going to damage the front bearing holder with it mounted like that until I can get the 7075s ordered?

G

The parts are meant to be used together. Is the bolt bent?

G

On the bottom you can also swap the whole shock end. Use a vise grip on the shaft and twist off the shock end.

Dreggsta

as for the channel locks size, mine are huge too. you can do it. using a socket is a good idea too. you will find that trick useful for many things, don't forget it.

per the pic, mine are at that crazy angle too. it tripped me out at 1st too lol. it's just how they are made to fit. it works. i have had no issues w/itor the design.

G

They are at an angle but should not bind. The aluminum versions including the 7075RC unites are at the same angle.

Stygian

Banned
Dreggsta said:
as for the channel locks size, mine are huge too. you can do it. using a socket is a good idea too. you will find that trick useful for many things, don't forget it. per the pic, mine are at that crazy angle too. it tripped me out at 1st too lol. it's just how they are made to fit. it works. i have had no issues w/itor the design.
Well I don't know how you did it but this method did not work and won't work for me. But I think I'm just done with Redcat all together just too many issues and bs to go through its taken me all weekend just to replace shocks and suspension arms and I'm still not done with the shocks do to red cats poor design. I have read other forums on other makes like hpi and losi and they don't have half of these issues just my two cents and to top it off the screw that's stripped on the front top plate is stuck and I can't find a way to get the screw out tried everything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
On the bottom you can also swap the whole shock end. Use a vise grip on the shaft and twist off the shock end.
Don't have a case grip and to be honest that's just too much trouble spent $200 on tools alone just for this project which makes me really unhappy

Dreggsta

Stygian said:
Well I don't know how you did it but this method did not work and won't work for me. But I think I'm just done with Redcat all together just too many issues and bs to go through its taken me all weekend just to replace shocks and suspension arms and I'm still not done with the shocks do to red cats poor design. I have read other forums on other makes like hpi and losi and they don't have half of these issues just my two cents and to top it off the screw that's stripped on the front top plate is stuck and I can't find a way to get the screw out tried everythingSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
i feel ya. just know that the stuff your learning now you will need to know no matter what you get. all day to do like 5 to 15 minute jobs? how are you doing things? what kinda tools you using?

Dreggsta

Stygian said:
Don't have a case grip and to be honest that's just too much trouble spent $200 on tools alone just for this project which makes me really unhappySent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
a lot of these tools you should already have IMO. if you don't, going to get these will help you have them when you need them down the road. my 2 cents. :)

G

We all get frustrated. Take a break, have a cool one, and don't let it get to ya. :)

Remember you are doing a custom mod. Those shocks are for a different platform so they are not a direct replacement. It would be like installing Losi shocks on the Baja. It can be done, but can be more of a project.

The better the tools the easier the job. ;)

Stygian

Banned
Agreed the hardware just should be easier to get in and out

Dreggsta

RCDAD said:
We all get frustrated. Take a break, have a cool one, and don't let it get to ya. :) Remember you are doing a custom mod. Those shocks are for a different platform so they are not a direct replacement. It would be like installing Losi shocks on the Baja. It can be done, but can be more of a project.

is there a way to like this? lol

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
We all get frustrated. Take a break, have a cool one, and don't let it get to ya. :) Remember you are doing a custom mod. Those shocks are for a different platform so they are not a direct replacement. It would be like installing Losi shocks on the Baja. It can be done, but can be more of a project.

Would you mind making me a list of recommended tools that I should pick up to make my life easier with these things LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts