• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Rebuild Project

G

It would be for the inbound line (bottom of carb). There is a clunk filter in the bottom of the tank, so another is not really needed. But it can still be use.

Some guys will use a filter to keep crud out of the vent line.

G

No. You don't need both.

Motakitty

I should use the clunk filter. And I use that kind of in line filter in my vent line to keep crud out. I think I got the same filter but just blue

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
No. You don't need both.
Cool that's what I thought, thanks for the info, I will clunk then use the other for vent line, that's a good idea. Also thanks again for the channel lock idea it works like a charm.

Motakitty

I would think though if there was just the open line on the bottom of the tank it could suction to the bottom and starve the motor but that would be unlikely but I'm sure it would happen to me. Maybe cut a v shape in the end of the line

G

Motakitty said:
I would think though if there was just the open line on the bottom of the tank it could suction to the bottom and starve the motor but that would be unlikely but I'm sure it would happen to me. Maybe cut a v shape in the end of the line
Yeah, it would be best to use a fuel pickup fitting if the clunk filter was removed.

Stygian

Banned
I have the return and vent line about 1" into the gormment and the fuel line 2 3/4" in is that enough or should I push them in a little more?

Motakitty

I would just have the vent just peaking into the tank to avoid it getting gas in the line but I think the rest are fine but maybe some one will chime in on it

G

The return and vent line can be just barely through the grommet. The pickup line needs to be long enough so the clunk filter hits the bottom of the tank. There is a sump(very lowest point of tank), make sure the clunk filter makes it back in there.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah, I have a huge feeling I cut them too short, cut the pickup line 14" the other two 11"

Stygian

Banned
Dreggsta said:
The lower ball mount? I used channel locks if that's what your asking.
Yep that would be correct, I will try my channel locks again, I might need a smaller pair.

Stygian

Banned
Dreggsta said:
You have to catch the back side you are pushing out & the other side you gotta grip the plastic edge to clear it being pushed out.
Yeah the tips of the channel locks I have are too big so I can't grab just the metal.

Stygian

Banned
So I just discovered an issue with the stock front bearing holders and the aluminum lower suspension arms, cause of the the way they are made they aren't straight when you put on the aluminum lower suspension arms, here's a pic

G

Stygian said:
Yeah the tips of the channel locks I have are too big so I can't grab just the metal.
Use a small socket on the bottom. Big enough to go around the ball. The channel locks will push the ball into the socket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts