• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recat rmpage MT break in, engine keeps stalling.

Ice_2k

Most people use the NGK CMR7H

alfred e numan

i would go for the NGK 7 plug. Its a safe bet. No need to buy the Iridum plug either. The standard cheaper NGK 7 Is fine.

Ice_2k

I don't know about the MT but on the DR, the iridium doesn't even fit, it's too tall.

machinebike

Can I mount a tank vent and little piece of tube sticking straight up on gas cap?

So when I turn the tank cap, it will be easier.

Do I need to be concerned with water getting in the gas when washing the MT off?

Ice_2k

That's my solution: fuel tube sticking out of the cap and a one way valve at the end of the tube that only allows air to go in the tank but not fuel going out.

IMG_5165.JPG

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
That's my solution: fuel tube sticking out of the cap and a one way valve at the end of the tube that only allows air to go in the tank but not fuel going out. IMG_5165.JPG
Sweet...whats the other end look like?

Why electrical tape rather than gas proof glue?

Hi Rob,

Maybe mention to Redcat...without proper fuel ventilation there is a risk of running lean (like in my case), and if damage occured, would it be covered?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

The other end has one of these: http://www.davesmotors.com/jj555checkvalve.html

It only allows air to enter the tank while blocking fuel from exiting.

The electrical tape is just there so I know how much the tube needs to go in the cap, there's no need for extra isolation. The tube is a tight fit in the cap hole and besides I kept the "dome" inside the cap, so fuel only has a very small hole through which to get to this tube, I never had problems with it.

machinebike

I have to order a valve, hobby shop didnt carry one.

In the mean time, I saw where the tube is connected to the gas cap with 2 to 3 loops wire tied to keep gas from spilling out, but no valve on the end.

Will this do temporarily until I get the valve to put on the end?

Ice_2k

Even with the hole, you wouldn't want to use the plug that's taller than the rollcage. If you roll, you could get into all sorts of troubles.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Iridium plugs don't do anything for our 2 cycle engines.
Ice_2k said:
Even with the hole, you wouldn't want to use the plug that's taller than the rollcage. If you roll, you could get into all sorts of troubles.
I use CMR7s

I just got sick of taking that bit off to change the plug.

With the hole I can put the wrench on unhindered while still keeping the strength of the cage

machinebike

Well, still having problems...

I put the one way air vent on the gas cap.

I put in a new ngk 7 plug.

It started but....As soon as I gradually opened the choke lever, the engine would increase revs.

I let it warm a little, then tried opening choke all the way, then the engine revved so high, almost to the point of take off.

Did the same thing about two more tries, then eventually quit and now wont even fire up.

Now Im clueless again.

I tried adjusting carb needles, but didnt make a difference.

It acted the same way right before it quit the first time when I started having this trouble before putting in a new plug and air vent .

Ice_2k

I don't understand how you can start it with the choke closed, it shouldn't happen. Do you have another carb to try on it?

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
I don't understand how you can start it with the choke closed, it shouldn't happen. Do you have another carb to try on it?
When the choke was closed it started and Idled normal. As I gradually opened the choke, it revved real high as if the throttle was stuck, but it wasnt I had to hurry up and turn it off because it idled right at the point of take off.

I even lowered the idle screw.

I don't have a spare carb handy.

Is there another carb that's an upgrade that will work with the 32 cc?

Ice_2k

I use the Walbro WT-1107 but it didn't really made a significant difference, I think the stock carb on the 32cc is something very similar to the 1107

When the choke is closed, the engine shouldn't be able to get enough air, it's really weird that you say it's idling normally...

machinebike

Took carb off, noitced the gasket had some gas residue..Im wondering if it is sucking in air at the carb mount.

gasket.jpg

gasket.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/gasket.jpg.c82da49146f4f7a653118e872c774e11.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts