• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recat rmpage MT break in, engine keeps stalling.

Ice_2k

Phill said:
I use the same dirt bike oil in my weed wacker as my DR.You have your way and I have mine.
My point was that weed wackers don't need breakin in the same way they don't need a high quality oil, while our RC engines do, therefore it's not really relevant if weed wackers manufacturers recommend breakin or not, they are different beasts.

But you're right, whatever works for you, stick with it :)

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
Weed whackers are very low rpm, low performance engines intended for general consumers, I don't think it's a relevant comparison. You don't put weed whacker oil in your engine, do you? I think a better question would be if dirt bike engines require breakin and, as far as I know, they do.@talunce When trying to start a flooded engine, I usually (after removing the plug and taking the gas out, of course) keep the throttle wide open while pulling, helps it start much faster.
Thanks man. Yeah, I pulled the plug, let it sit for a bit, pulled the carb (because it acted like it wasn't getting fuel). I went down the list of things to troubleshoot, and eventually it popped and off she went. Just flooded is all. Now the one thing that I can say that adds a layer of difficulty to the mix is the addition of the superbee. I've had instances where I thought it just died because of fuel starvation or whatnot, when in fact it was the low battery voltage protection kicking in on the superbee. So, I had to consider that as well. Gotta love troubleshooting. Adds to my book of knowledge, so its all good to me. Even though, I spent an hour on it. Thanks for the tip man!

Ice_2k

Doesn't the superbee make a specific sound when killing the engine?

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
Doesn't the superbee make a specific sound when killing the engine?
Yeah, it does, depending on how it is killed. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if it made a sound when the voltage got low or not. I will have to start it up and kill the power to see. I know it does if you kill it with the transmitter.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
My point was that weed wackers don't need breakin in the same way they don't need a high quality oil, while our RC engines do, therefore it's not really relevant if weed wackers manufacturers recommend breakin or not, they are different beasts.But you're right, whatever works for you, stick with it :)
I've actually got a spare tuned pipe laying around that I'm thinking of trying on the weed wacker just for fun.

The neighbours should love it!

Ice_2k

Please make a video of that! :) ))

machinebike

I checked plug, had strong spark, put it back in, fired up for second, took out plug again and seen gas build up.

Dried plug off, but now after testing it against the top of the engine, I'm not seeing a spark.

Walmart carries HCMR 6 and 7, but my MT has a HCMR 5.

I took my old plug with me, and it had the same length and width as the HCMR 7,

So I'm wondering if I could use that spark plug instead?

Phill

machinebike said:
Why do they have the cmr 5 in the 32 cc for break in?
You'll find the 7 is used in most engines.

The 5 is a hotter plug.

I wasn't aware that it's in the 32cc.

Actually which 32 is it?

BertR

The plug has nothing to do with break in... I have run cmr4h in one of my home port engine with no problems whatsoever. The # rating is the plug cooling ability not heat of spark.

BertR

Phill said:
It's just easier to say heat range than try to explain it Bert.How's your home porting going anyway??
Lol. I haven't messed with any for a while but would like to get my hands on one of the 32cc on the cheap to mess with .. Got to do a cheap motor so I'm not butt hurt if I screw it up as I most likely will do ha-ha. But any who on plugs just stick with the unanimous vote of cmr7h

Phill

BertR said:
Lol. I haven't messed with any for a while but would like to get my hands on one of the 32cc on the cheap to mess with .. Got to do a cheap motor so I'm not butt hurt if I screw it up as I most likely will do ha-ha. But any who on plugs just stick with the unanimous vote of cmr7h
I'm lucky if I get time to get near my cars lately.

Hopefully I'll get a bit more organised and get outside again.

BertR

Phill said:
I'm lucky if I get time to get near my cars lately.Hopefully I'll get a bit more organised and get outside again.
I'm in the same boat.. Just got a Baja for the woman and low and behold winter hit and its white and cold here.

machinebike

Phill said:
You'll find the 7 is used in most engines.The 5 is a hotter plug.

I wasn't aware that it's in the 32cc.

Actually which 32 is it?
Its a cmr5 in the 32 cc MT.

I seen where the 30 cc has the cmr7, and wonder why the have a 5 in the 32 cc?

Also Walmart carries a cmr7 but not ngk, I was wondering if it had to be ngk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts