• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recat rmpage MT break in, engine keeps stalling.

machinebike

designed2survive said:
You are 6hrs away. A bit too far for my driving, sorry! But if you can't find some local help even at a hobby store, I can at least send you a good known carburetor of mine. Let me know.
Thank you, my truck should be still under warranty, I emailed Redcat, waiting for them to respond.

What type of carb do you have?

talunceford

machinebike said:
Thank you, my truck should be still under warranty, I emailed Redcat, waiting for them to respond.What type of carb do you have?
I have the wt990. It is chokeless. Super easy to start.

machinebike

Tried again today after dumping excessive fuel out of muffler...now nothing, not even a burp.

Tried a little fuel in spark plug hole, still nothing.

Whats frustrating is...My mother bought an FS Hummer 1/5 scale and broke in at the same time and hers starts right up and keeps running with no problems, thereforre I know the gas is good.

talunceford

machinebike said:
Tried again today after dumping excessive fuel out of muffler...now nothing, not even a burp.Tried a little fuel in spark plug hole, still nothing.

Whats frustrating is...My mother bought an FS Hummer 1/5 scale and broke in at the same time and hers starts right up and keeps running with no problems, thereforre I know the gas is good.
It very well might be a bad carb. Again, that is just a shot in the dark too. If you had a spare carb to try that is what I'd look at. It kinda sounds like it is dumping WAY too much fuel into the crankcase. Was the plug really wet when you pulled it out of the cylinder head? If it is wet, then the engine is flooded. I still am now leaning on the carb being bad.

machinebike

What makes a carb bad if its getting fuel?

Not mixing the air/fuel properly?

One thing I haven't checked is compression with a gauge.

How much compression should I kook for and will the compression be consistent on the gauge, will the gauge reveal if there is something wrong internally?

Should I tear the carb apart, if so, what to look out for?

Also, what type of carb is on the MT and what would be a better upgrade...such as the hpi carb??

My hobby shop sells the hpi, Im wondering if they sell the carb.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Get a Zenoah 668 card to start with. It is easier to use. You LHS may have them in stock if they sell Bajas.

Ice_2k

If it's the 32cc, the 1107 would probably be the better choice, the one more similar to the stocker.

talunceford

machinebike said:
What makes a carb bad if its getting fuel?Not mixing the air/fuel properly?

One thing I haven't checked is compression with a gauge.

How much compression should I kook for and will the compression be consistent on the gauge, will the gauge reveal if there is something wrong internally?

Should I tear the carb apart, if so, what to look out for?

Also, what type of carb is on the MT and what would be a better upgrade...such as the hpi carb??

My hobby shop sells the hpi, Im wondering if they sell the carb.
Saw somewhere that some say its like 160psi, but some say 115 psi... ugh... not really sure. Contacted Sean at OBR to see if he would have any idea, and he didn't. Sooooooo my guess is that if it is less than 100, you are probably looking at a bad motor. Don't really know though. Any idea Rob? I did see where some where some say that the compression ratio is anywhere from 14:1 all the way up to over 20:1. Not really knowing what a good one is, it is hard to have something to compare to.

talunceford

He did write back and say that if they set the compression the same to similar engines, it should be in the 100psi range.

machinebike

I called redcat , guy told me to fill out a warranty form since I bought it in October and I can ship it back to them for them to test it.

If I have to pay for shipping, it may be easier if I bought a new carb.

talunceford

machinebike said:
I called redcat , guy told me to fill out a warranty form since I bought it in October and I can ship it back to them for them to test it.If I have to pay for shipping, it may be easier if I bought a new carb.
Order it from Amazon and have the carb in a couple days. At least you would be able to test it.

machinebike

talunceford said:
Order it from Amazon and have the carb in a couple days. At least you would be able to test it.
I thought about that, but Im afraid if the carb is not the problem, then I would still be stuck with the shipping charge plus carb.

machinebike

If anything was wrong with it firing up, concerning the carb...I wonder if it is something internal affecting the low needle. Maybe something blocking the opening inside?

I took out the high and low needle, pumped gas through with the bulb, watched gas go back in tank, but I didnt see any gas come out of the needle holes.

But Im not sure if gas is suppose to come out, not sure how it works inside carb.

machinebike

RampageHopUps said:
The carb will need to be replaced in the next year anyway. Take advantage of the sales and get one now. DavesMotors probably has them on sale.
I still don't know the best choice for the 32cc

Isn't there something better like a Mikuni?

Ice_2k

Already said it, WT-1107 is a great choice (also used by Zenoah in their 32cc)

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
Already said it, WT-1107 is a great choice (also used by Zenoah in their 32cc)
Thanks, must of over looked it the first time.

What vehicles use the zenoah engine?

What type of engines are in the MT?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online