• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recat rmpage MT break in, engine keeps stalling.

Ice_2k

The MT has an HY engine. Most vehicles (hpi, losi) come with CY engines afaik, which are zenoah copies but licensed. HY i think are just CY clones. Not sure if any stock cars come with an original zenoah, but they are definetely the upgrade everybody goes to.

RampageHopUps

Yikes. Zenoah doesn't license the CY Motors. They somehow look away when their carbs are used though.

FGs came with Zenoah engines before CY came out.

Ice_2k

Really? That's what I read on the losi forums if i recall corectly, about the CY being licensed. Oh well, live&learn :)

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
The MT has an HY engine. Most vehicles (hpi, losi) come with CY engines afaik, which are zenoah copies but licensed. HY i think are just CY clones. Not sure if any stock cars come with an original zenoah, but they are definetely the upgrade everybody goes to.
Do you know what the HY stands for?

Ice_2k

Huang Yang or something like that. CY is Chung Yang.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Zenoah 4 bolt rules !!

machinebike

I put my new wt 1107 carb on, took quite a few pulls first time with new carb, I was starting to worry, then it fired up.

After it warmed up, only took one pull.

So it appears the stock carb was no good.

Ice_2k

Good to hear that. Remember the 1107 has different default settings:

LSN = 1 3/8, HSN = 1 7/8

machinebike

Ice_2k said:
Good to hear that. Remember the 1107 has different default settings:LSN = 1 3/8, HSN = 1 7/8
Can you attach a pic showing your low and high needle settings?

talunceford

machinebike said:
Can you attach a pic showing your low and high needle settings?
Check this video out. It explains everything. Every different model of carb has different "Jet" or needle settings. Dan explains that and how to properly set the high and low needles on your carb AND how to tune your engine once you get it installed and ready to break in (if you have a new engine that is). If you are interested in the ins and outs of carbs, well Dan is your guy.

Ice_2k

That's a great video. The one thing that annoys me about it is that he doesn't explain how he tunes the low needle, he just says "this one is tuned pretty good".

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
That's a great video. The one thing that annoys me about it is that he doesn't explain how he tunes the low needle, he just says "this one is tuned pretty good".
The majority of the tuning happens on the high needle. The low needle controls how much fuel the engine gets from idle to about 1/4 throttle. Rich enough to keep it oiled, lean enough to keep it running at idle. It works hand in hand with the idle set screw.

talunceford

RampageHopUps said:
If the low needle isn't tuned, you won't get it to start. We need a video about that.
As soon as I get things caught up at work, I will get that video done. There is another video of starting an engine with a chokeless carb that I want to get done as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.