• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

Chief409

It would be nice if there was a quality, bolt on tuned pipe for the Dune Runner that doesn't hang off the side like a wart, but exhausts to the rear. I know it's a small market at this time, however aftermarket items bring in more sales. I don't feel like spending the time modding a tuned pipe built for something else that I paid darn near $200 for. I'm sure others feel the same as I do.

G

It's not the pipe that has to be modded, it's just a couple of pieces on the Dune Runner. You can get scratch or scuffed ones for cheap once and awhile. Like $50 range.

Chief409

Not the point. Something FOR the Dune Runner V3 is what's needed. Bring this great car into the mainstream. All my buds love the car, built like a tank, (we put a Baja next to my DR when that comment was made) easy to make adjustment's to, plenty of room are the comments I got, not to mention the price point, so get 'em hooked on the goodies and orders will come in. Not many people lay out bucks for something that isn't supported by aftermarket for basics like an exhaust upgrade, wheels and tires that do not require mods, no matter how good it is when you're talking about how expensive these are. And that was what I heard, loud and clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Completely agree with RCDAD. It's not a hard install, and you don't have to mod the pipe.

G

Deluge said:
Contact Dino at Jetpro. Usually he's willing to build what you need.
Agreed. The rear mount pipe, for the no longer sold TT, could be the DR pipe with minor changes by Jetpro. I'm sure they don't sell very many of the TT pipes anymore.

Chief409

So far a couple of emails back and forth, I gave him a link to this thread.

And, heck yea, I'll buy something that I don't need to make extensive mods to and have a rear exhaust that's a bolt in. I'm old enough to appreciate the efforts younger folks make! :p

Deluge

Chief409 said:
So far a couple of emails back and forth, I gave him a link to this thread.And, heck yea, I'll buy something that I don't need to make extensive mods to and have a rear exhaust that's a bolt in. I'm old enough to appreciate the efforts younger folks make! :p
Awesome! Hopefully it works out.

blak__jak

hey chief have you heard any more from jetpro. i'm needing a pipe for my dr also and have been reading this and all the side threads. i find myself more mixed up now than when i started. i too want something that works with an esp ported motor but don't want to remove anything like the wing or support from the rig. i've got a redcat pipe on it now that i already had but would like to replace it with something but am still unclear on what would work best. i'd jump on a plug-n-play myself.

blak__jak

i saw that pipe and i am keeping it in mind but i was hopeing to get away with something for less than 2 bills and i really don't want a side mount though i will give in to that if it comes down to that. i'd like to keep the dr's lines for looks like they are out of the box. a rear mount without a bunch of mods is what i'm looking for but am a little mixed up on what will work but thanks for any help.

Chief409

I haven't heard any more from Jetpro, but it's still early yet. When I hear more I'll post it here.

Chief409

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts