• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

G

That's funny you say that. Most of my wife's married friends are not that fond of me. LOL

Last edited:
G

That's why I love the Cats. Allows me to spend more on hopups.

Guantanamo Joe

So, the other day I received my Dominator V2 (silenced) pipe in the mail... and I am stoked.

However, this morning I woke up 3 hours early just so I could get in the garage and do a little work to get it on. I took off the X-Can and placed it up there and let me tell you- the Silenced version must be a little different shape than the normal version that folks have done modifications for.

So, I can not use the bottom part of the back of the roll cage- this being said, I have nothing to attach the top part of the roll cage to any more.

I have found a way to mount the pipe itself- replacing the bottom part of the roll cage with a big metal bumper piece... works to keep rear-endings from smaller cars from hitting my pipe. I am still not quite sure how the hell I am going to attach the top of the cage and wing any more though... I really don't want to lose them because I like how the wing is a great slider for a roll over :D

G

Is it not even close? Most DR owners have made spacers for the cage and wing mount to get it over the pipe.

Guantanamo Joe

I saw that, unfortunately it will not fit in the bottom area of the cage- and I had to take out that mounting bracket that the top and bottom each tie into.

I will look at it more when I get home, but at this point, I see no chance in Guantanamo (hell) that this part will be able to be put back on the truck.

I am only worried about the top roll cage though- like I said, I have found a kick ass piece of metal that is perfect to mount from the chasis to the pipe and It can serve as a rear bumper. Keeps anything smaller than a 1/5th scale truck from running into the pipe.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I saw that, unfortunately it will not fit in the bottom area of the cage- and I had to take out that mounting bracket that the top and bottom each tie into.I will look at it more when I get home, but at this point, I see no chance in Guantanamo (hell) that this part will be able to be put back on the truck.

I am only worried about the top roll cage though- like I said, I have found a kick ass piece of metal that is perfect to mount from the chasis to the pipe and It can serve as a rear bumper. Keeps anything smaller than a 1/5th scale truck from running into the pipe.
Sometimes it is easier to make one. You might be able to use one of the aftermarket Baja unites as part of the mod.

Guantanamo Joe

Im a reasonably clever guy... even if it is covered in chicken wire and chop sticks, I will figure something out and make it look good :D

So, when you see another car with chicken wire and chop sticks, you'll know they got it from GUANTANAMO JOE!!! ha ha ha

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Im a reasonably clever guy... even if it is covered in chicken wire and chop sticks, I will figure something out and make it look good :D So, when you see another car with chicken wire and chop sticks, you'll know they got it from GUANTANAMO JOE!!! ha ha ha
LOL

Guantanamo Joe

I was up at 2 am this morning again to finish the install of the dominator V2 Silenced. I got it on and it is mounted to my new bumper. I did, however, have to cut the back end of the roll cage off which includes the wing mount. This is only temporary though because I will have to find something new to mount all that on... Ill use the rear tower and make something so that wing will still serve as a skid plate in the event of a roll-over.

It was just before 4am when I finished the install and I thought "Shit, now I cant do a test run!!!" I decided that it would be a crime to report to duty this morning just wondering about the pipe... so I threw it in the truck and drove to a deserted road that is lit up... Started her up and gave her a little throttle. As soon as the 8k clutch engaged, she was GONE!!!

Running great now even though I ran it less than a minute. Cant wait to get home tonight!!!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I was up at 2 am this morning again to finish the install of the dominator V2 Silenced. I got it on and it is mounted to my new bumper. I did, however, have to cut the back end of the roll cage off which includes the wing mount. This is only temporary though because I will have to find something new to mount all that on... Ill use the rear tower and make something so that wing will still serve as a skid plate in the event of a roll-over.It was just before 4am when I finished the install and I thought "Shit, now I cant do a test run!!!" I decided that it would be a crime to report to duty this morning just wondering about the pipe... so I threw it in the truck and drove to a deserted road that is lit up... Started her up and gave her a little throttle. As soon as the 8k clutch engaged, she was GONE!!!

Running great now even though I ran it less than a minute. Cant wait to get home tonight!!!
That's some dedication! Throw a pic up of it with the new silenced pipe. BTW how loud is it?

Guantanamo Joe

it is basically the same as a stock engine again... however, I have noticed that it has a little higher pitch and I am assuming this is the ported head talking to me. Either way, it is not as rediculously loud as it was before... so that is good- my friends didnt want to play on the go kart track with me any more due to the noise as it came around... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Ill try to get a pic tonight... one of the guys with an MT is coming over for some repairs and it will be a late night in the garage with a few beers, some tools, and a whole lot of bad jokes... ha ha ha

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
it is basically the same as a stock engine again... however, I have noticed that it has a little higher pitch and I am assuming this is the ported head talking to me. Either way, it is not as rediculously loud as it was before... so that is good- my friends didnt want to play on the go kart track with me any more due to the noise as it came around... ha ha ha
desismileys_2281.gif Cool, I bet it sounds sweet! desismileys_2281.gif

Attachments

• desismileys_2281.gif
    desismileys_2281.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 0
G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Ill try to get a pic tonight... one of the guys with an MT is coming over for some repairs and it will be a late night in the garage with a few beers, some tools, and a whole lot of bad jokes... ha ha ha
Good times. Look forward to seeing it installed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts