• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

Guantanamo Joe

amazon.com is where I got my bushnell "velocity meter"

Apparantly due to licensing they can not call it a "radar gun"...

I love the thing and it is wicked easy to use. Only problem I have found is it interferes with the transmitter if it is within a foot or so of it. So, no dual wielding like it's an old west shootout.

Hayes371

Guantanamo Joe said:
amazon.com is where I got my bushnell "velocity meter"Apparantly due to licensing they can not call it a "radar gun"...

I love the thing and it is wicked easy to use. Only problem I have found is it interferes with the transmitter if it is within a foot or so of it. So, no dual wielding like it's an old west shootout.
hey joe, all youve gotta do is mark a distance start to finish...100ft for example...have someone time it start to finish..then divide the distance by the time and multiply by .6818...example 100ft in 5sec.

100ft/5sec=20ft per sec... 20ft per sec x .6818= 13.64mph..that easy!! and accurate...if chief does his 300ft in 5 seconds he will be doing almost 41mph...just make sure its tapped out before you hit the start line and youve got it....or just get someone else to hold the damn "velocity" meter..lol

Chief409

Guantanamo Joe said:
Yeah... I just point and pull the trigger... the only math I have to do is figuring what percentage of my cup still has coffee in it :D
Coffee cups are either Hot, Cold or Empty, what's to figure? ;)

blak__jak

everyone has a gps nowadays don't they. i've got a piece of velcro on the back of mine and the other side stuck to the top of the bed of my m/t. just reset top speed on gps mount to m/t and let it rip. check it after a few high speed runs and you're got your top speed. nobody has to hold anything and it frees up other hand for a cold brewsky. i'm usually done with coffee by the time i'm ready to play. just another idea.

Chief409

blak__jak said:
everyone has a gps nowadays don't they.
Hmm, have a small one in the work truck. And velcro is on the bench. Next time out. Don't know about this weekend, I think I'm coming down with the flu, feel like c... right now.

Thanks!

Hayes371

Hell, ive done this going down the highway using mile markers and a stopwatch to check my speedometer, maybe ive got too much time on my hands lol...also a sugar to creme ratio of 60/40 works well for my coffe lmao...besides math is good for ya!!

larryo

Hi i am new to the forum but not rc trucks and boats.I have been looking at a data logger from hobby king to clock speed,that i have read and seen vids of this used in the boats.Here are some links for you all to have a look if you like.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23137__Hobbyking_Mini_GPS_Data_Logger.html

[ame]

[/ame]O and i have a TT5 with a DDM 30.5 and a 8000rpm clutch set up.

G

That's a great device. Sure beats strapping my phone in the cars. If you get one let us know how you like it.

BTW welcome to the forum.

larryo

I just might pick one up this winter and if so i'll let you all know how it works.

RCDAD said:
That's a great device. Sure beats strapping my phone in the cars. If you get one let us know how you like it.BTW welcome to the forum.

Chief409

I picked up a GoPro today, as soon as I get the headset holder I'll put up YouTube video's. The first one will be running through a speed trap, anyone will be able to time the run.

I think the Dune Runner will do 40, perhaps more with the intake and exhaust changes I've made.

We'll see. And I'll put up video of Dune Runner bowling. A new sport!

Here's my YouTube into video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Off topic, but, is it just me, or has anyone else in CA not received a vehicle registration renewal in the mail before the tags expire. Last spring it was the trailer, this time I was working on my truck and guess what. I glanced at the tags and *&$!!, expired! Twice CA is getting me for a late fee. And I'm sure, just like last time, about 3 weeks after I renew the registration, I'll get something in the mail. PITA, means I need to make an appointment and hope something serious at work doesn't happen to make me miss the appointment. At least my '12 diesel won't require a smog test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.