• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

Guantanamo Joe

I got the black one and it has a chrome tip... I couldnt have custom ordered it any nicer... :D

Plus you will like the "bumper" I put under it... ha ha ha

question: I could not get the flipping silicone tube on it because it is just not seeming large enough... how much does it need that thing if it is pretty much slid straight on?

G

The tube seals it up. Without it you will get oil and soot all over in that area of the car.

cherryride

i couldnt get mine on either joe, so i used the one that came with my cpi pipe lol.the one they give you is too small to fit.maybe if you heated it ?but i doubt it because it has cord in it.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I think I should just try with a few beers in me :D
That's when I do some of my best work!

Guantanamo Joe

It was a pretty rough day at work yesterday so I didnt get any pics taken. I didnt even get to work on trucks last night... hell, I didnt even get to have a beer...

When your bad day is going to be on CNN, it's truely a BAD DAY.

Guantanamo Joe

Ok... so here's a couple of pics of the new pipe and my bumper.

DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

The bumper is part of a TV mount that did not get used. limited resources. It was either that or bending a small mount out of a piece of steel that is about the width of a ruler. I opted this way because ti will protect the ass end from smaller cars hitting it and it just looks better.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I got the black one and it has a chrome tip... I couldnt have custom ordered it any nicer... :D Plus you will like the "bumper" I put under it... ha ha ha

question: I could not get the flipping silicone tube on it because it is just not seeming large enough... how much does it need that thing if it is pretty much slid straight on?
Yep, those are a bitch to get on! Try warming up the hose with a blow dryer to loosen it up, then coat the inside with some oil. Should slide right on.

Guantanamo Joe

So I got a chance to go run her this morning and man did she fly... all the way across the parking lott and back... really woke up at about mid-rpm range and then just took off from there like a bat out of hell...

Got her all lined up and my buddy was there to shoot the radar gun at her... gave her full throttle and clunk... something flew off the side of the truck... I was so nervous as I walked to go get it- not having a clue what fell out. The screw holding the silencer in the pipe had fallen out and the silenced portion came right out.

Didnt find the screw so I still don't know if I broke 50MPH yet... but I hope to find a replacement soon and get this thing back on the track.

G

The bumper is part of a TV mount that did not get used. limited resources. It was either that or bending a small mount out of a piece of steel that is about the width of a ruler. I opted this way because ti will protect the ass end from smaller cars hitting it and it just looks better.
That looks pretty damn good!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
It did add some weight to the ass... are there stronger springs out there?
The Baja front springs are a great match for the rear Redcat shocks.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Ok... so here's a couple of pics of the new pipe and my bumper. DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg
That is a nice looking pipe! Can't wait to see it with the wing back on!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts