• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

G

That would be great. The rear mount Jetpro for the XB is an awesome pipe. It would only need some mild changes to fit it to the DR. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Chief409

Do it! Be polite, but firm. We want this.

Heck, I know I'm a a-hole, but if I like the DR enough to plan on buying an engine which costs more then the buggy - I'm sure lots of you would like to get a good pipe to make your buggy run nice, without chopping and cutting just like me.

Go to the JetPro site and send Dino an e-mail.

And, there ain't no place for second place!

Chief409

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Not yet. I'll send a follow up.

And, all of you who want pipes for the Dune Runner. Go to the JetPro site and email Dino yourself. Especially you Rampage Dealers. You have much more clout. And can provide the numbers to prove the point.

Impress on him we are waiting!

Chief409

Got back late from work, and decided to install the X-Can. Nice, bolted right on. ONE exhaust port is larger dia then the single on the stock can. I used Blue LocTite and following the directions, the buggy will be ready to go Saturday.

The kit was missing one 5mm SS screw for the can cover, I'll pick one (or 3 to 4) tomorrow.

I also worked on the brake linkage, if you have viewed Ali's video where he was stopping a DR with his foot, or have experienced the lack of brakes yourself...

now doing a static check, without actually running, the brakes WILL lock up, and WON'T lock up when I apply full throttle. Or have the brake hang up at low throttle after a brake application.

By the time we were done, my Crew Chief was pooped.

Guantanamo Joe

Chief, I had an XCan on my Dunerunner and loved it... however, unless you want oil all over your wing and rear shock tower, get yourself some tubing and hose clamps and extend your little stingers. I did and it worked great... muffled the noise a tiny bit too.

Your project is looking great- I love the tires.

G

Looks great!

The tube extensions is a good idea. I hate the oily soot mess.

Chief409

Good idea for tube extensions, right now TGN is out of silicon exhaust tube. I think using the stock pipe support under the wing, and zip tying the second tube to the one using the stock pipe support will work.

Right now I want to run, so I'll be using my magic formula to clean the rear.

Installed a stainless steel cover screw for the one missing from the kit about 45 minutes ago, so since the LockTite needs 24 hours or so to cure, it'll be Sunday before I get to see how the X-Can works.

Nice Nitro weather right now, I think the T-Maxx and Revo get to run tomorrow.

G

Mmmmmm I can smell it already. :D

Chief409

cherryride said:
Nice guard dog ! =)
Better then the alarm system on the house! And there is NO way my wife can sneak up. The little one knows she's coming with a 6' thick wall of reinforced lead in the way! :)

Chief409

Guantanamo Joe said:
Chief, I had an XCan on my Dunerunner and loved it... however, unless you want oil all over your wing and rear shock tower, get yourself some tubing and hose clamps and extend your little stingers. I did and it worked great... muffled the noise a tiny bit too.Your project is looking great- I love the tires.
Joe, thanks for the complement. Sitting in the wilderness, with only Internet communication 'cuz there's no one within 200 miles with anything except a Baja 5B ...

How much hop did you see with the X-Can on the low end? I know with the taller Trenchers, it takes around 100' or so to "hit the pipe" with the stock setup.

OBTW. I received an email from the HPI Baja Forums this morning about give aways celebrating their 7th birthday.

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=300

Check it out.

Guantanamo Joe

The X=Can will surprise you. People don't give it much credit, but it is going to take that 100 foot problem you are having right away. I loved my X-Can and saved it to use on future trucks... considering it for the XSC right now.

G

It is better than the stock can. I also have one in the spare parts drawer. It just might get used someday.

Chief409

Good to know. Low end power is nice to have. Not much fun if the buggy is supersonic before it gets on the pipe.

Right now I'm sitting listening to the bikes at the speedway down the road, looking at the DR and I'm about to say the heck with worrying about one screw backing out, they're $.57 at the local hardware store!

Chief409

OK, I'm convinced! :D

Nothing like roostertails of dirt off all four Trenchers from a standing start! Only problem is, either it's using lots more gas, or I was having so much fun rearranging the desert I lost track of time!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.