• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with choosing a pipe

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
So I got a chance to go run her this morning and man did she fly... all the way across the parking lott and back... really woke up at about mid-rpm range and then just took off from there like a bat out of hell...Got her all lined up and my buddy was there to shoot the radar gun at her... gave her full throttle and clunk... something flew off the side of the truck... I was so nervous as I walked to go get it- not having a clue what fell out. The screw holding the silencer in the pipe had fallen out and the silenced portion came right out.

Didnt find the screw so I still don't know if I broke 50MPH yet... but I hope to find a replacement soon and get this thing back on the track.
That's crazy. Did it get loud after it shot out the silencer? Did you order the rocket launcher version? LOL

Guantanamo Joe

I do like the silenced pipe... brings the noise of the ported head down a bit so that all the small children don't cry when it screams by...

Now I just have to find a replacement for this screw though so I can hear a little more "gas powered music"... ha ha ha

G

I like the loud pipes. Unfortunately not everyone shares my opinion.

Guantanamo Joe

I found a screw in my spare screw can that fits... unfortunately it is a clutch bolt... so it doesn't quite look right...

But that's ok with me... Im driving again!!! Now I have to wait for the guys to get together again so I can get the radar back out :D

Guantanamo Joe

I tried the other day to just hold both hands straight out- one with the controller and the other with the gun... but apparently 2.4ghz makes a radar gun stop working. I will have to find a way to use this in my jeep :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I tried the other day to just hold both hands straight out- one with the controller and the other with the gun... but apparently 2.4ghz makes a radar gun stop working. I will have to find a way to use this in my jeep :D
Really?? That's funny.

Guantanamo Joe

Seriously... the radar gun would not work at all... even made me change the batteries thinking I must have left it on the last I had used it. I figured it out when I put the controler down to just clock a few cars driving by...

G

Now I really need one! LOL :p

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Well that sucks!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
question: I could not get the flipping silicone tube on it because it is just not seeming large enough... how much does it need that thing if it is pretty much slid straight on?
This might help.

[ame]

[/ame]

Guantanamo Joe

that guy is a jerk... he makes it look so easy... ha ha ha

I had thought of a screwdriver, but I was concerned and didnt want to rip the tube...

Guess my 2nd guessing myself doesn't really pay off.

Thanks RC Dad, I appreciate the link and now will put the couppler on before this weekend's play day.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
that guy is a jerk... he makes it look so easy... ha ha haI had thought of a screwdriver, but I was concerned and didnt want to rip the tube...

Guess my 2nd guessing myself doesn't really pay off.

Thanks RC Dad, I appreciate the link and now will put the couppler on before this weekend's play day.
No prob man! Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts