• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

porting a hy 30.5

creepingcharlie

OK. I am going to get a full out run on video today. I most likely will not hack the pipe I will buy one that is tuned for the upper rpm motors.

creepingcharlie

Well I didn't get any video today. Got out of worm late and didn't wait to keep the wifie waiting to long seen how it Valentine's day. So hopefully tomorrow I can get a run in before I head down to Pomona for the nhra races this weekend.

creepingcharlie

OK ran it today and got some video of it. I will upload it later as I am getting ready to head to SO CAL for the nhra races. But I did GPS it and it only did 34 MPH. Which seems slow to me.

G

No that you have some more power you can run taller gears if your look'n for more speed.

BertR

Hi larryo .. I have a issue that maybe you can help me with..on my port job it has a delay before it opens up to a insane rpm that balloons all four tires.Its like there is another gear ...should the power be solid from no throttle to full throttle Could this be a timing issue with the tranfer ports.

Thanks BertR.

G

It winds up quick. You could run a taller gear ratio.

BertR

I have no lag at all off the start it is 4 wheel burnout on dry asphalt and thats with 35-29 gears. What I am dealing with is when it hits full throttle for 3-4 seconds then opens up into higher RPM. I want to get rid of the delay so it flows. PS You need taller gears holly crap that is quick and new shoes to boot lol.

G

creepingcharlie said:
Yeah it tops out quick. I am thinking about a belt drive for it. But if I go with gears what combo do you recommend. Right now it has 29/31/25/25.
The belt drive would only be slightly higher. You could run 35-25 for gears.

G

Just to clarify you need to have a good ported motor to run 35-25. If you did that to the stock motor it would be sluggish off the line.

rampagemt

Re: porting a hy 30.5

What I meant was I run 31 29 Idk why the Hell I thought 35 25 haha I am not all here. I will be putting on 35 25 on my tt when I slap my slicks on. I got big dreams for this 29.5 pro lite. It's my first modded motor purchase and come spring time my tt and losi are getting a good beating and see what makes it out in one piece lol.

BertR

I may have the tooth number wrong but anyhow they are the xt stock gears A and B are swaped.my truck was originally a XT. I figured I would throw that out there so you vuys know what gear im using

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts