• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

porting a hy 30.5

G

Just a FYI the Xseries C & D gears are 24-26. The MT, DR & TT use the 25-25. ;)

G

It's 29-31-26-24. The 26-24 are not interchangeable either. I've never came across any variations.

G

That's what they look like. But have you actually counted the teeth or set on on top of each other? Ill look for some take offs and show ya what I mean. If you can post a pic of them. I've never seen the C-D gears for the Xseries come 25-25.

G

Here are the XB gears. The right side gears are the 26-24 tooth gears. This is the only version I've seen.

-

krebidoux

I got mine when they first came out and Thats what it came with. I have a set of 26,24 gears but I got then from my buddy when I bought his mt. I run 35-25-25-25 on it. Maybe they made a mistake like they did with the instruction manual, they sent One for the twister buggy instead of the xb.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The older square drive gears are different. Can't all be used with the newer versions. They might have started out with the MT V2 style.

G

They are square drive.

Redcat had upgrade metal gears for the early MT, TT & DR that were different. They are no longer available. Now all the square drive gears are similar to the ones in the photo.

G

That made a nice difference. Did you notice any less on the low end or take off?

larryo

Try this.. Put a little rubber hose on you tail pipe and close up the opening and see if the car runs slower of faster.

This can give you an idea if you need more of a opening or smaller open.This can tell you if you pipe is flowing to much or not,with out cutting the pipe.

You can resell the pipe if changes need tobe made,if you don't have or want to cut and weld.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online