• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

porting a hy 30.5

G

Sounds strong. Look forward to more vids.

BertR

Good job dude!! That hill looks like its no problem for it...hell most cars flip down but you flip up hill very nice work.

creepingcharlie

Here's a little longer video. With some unknown kids walking down the hill blanket in hand. Hope I didnt disturbed them to much with all the noise. Lol. But as you can see it is a hand full now and and having bald tires don't make any better.

G

Nice! It climbs for sure.

Ildy666

Who needs reverse when u have kids...lol....I do the same,send the kid up the hill...all bs aside it sounds and runs really good.good job...

creepingcharlie

Going to get some new rubber as soon as I get new hubs. so I can get new wheel and better tires. I would like to get some paddles to for when I hit the dunes or the river.

Rcdad I wish I could grade the hill cause it has some deep ruts. But I don't think the city would like that. Lol

creepingcharlie

Yes it is. I am real happy with the performance it has now. I know now I am going to need some metal gears. The nylons aren't going to hold up very long.

larryo

So are we going to get a vid of the beast doing a SAW run???? TOO see the upper end of the rpm range.

creepingcharlie

Yup yup. I took it out to play yesterday and tore up one of tire to where the foam came out. I will get a speed run soon. I do think I can more rpm out of it if I had a different pipe. I think the ddm dom isnt the best for hight rpm.

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

I have a rear dom on mine but have not had a chance to get any running in only on the stand.The snow is melted off finally so tomorrow is showtime :D

larryo

The pipe you have is going to work for rpms,if you can't get a good high rpm look at the tail pipe and see if got a 1/2" ID hole or not.

But looking at your youtube vid your on the right track with this little engine.

creepingcharlie

Are you talking about the very end of the pipe. If so it only 3/8 of a inch.

larryo

Yes this is what i a talking about, but don't change it yet and see what you can get out of the combo.

You might cut this end out and put a 1/2" but might be to large,you might need a insert it size it back down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts