• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

porting a hy 30.5

creepingcharlie

larryo said:
Try this.. Put a little rubber hose on you tail pipe and close up the opening and see if the car runs slower of faster.This can give you an idea if you need more of a opening or smaller open.This can tell you if you pipe is flowing to much or not,with out cutting the pipe.

You can resell the pipe if changes need tobe made,if you don't have or want to cut and weld.
I will give that a try. I don't mind cutting and welding the pipe. But don't want to if I don't have to

G

creepingcharlie said:
From what I was told when I bought it I do. When I had it all apart it had the red spring.
That's an 8000 rpm spring. So your good there.

creepingcharlie

Yeah it lanches good. So I never really doubted it was not a 8000 rpm clutch.

40 MPH is moving pretty good. I was really wanting 50 MPH but my expectations was a little high. I can t wait to get new shoes. I think having no foam in the front tires dosent help.

rampagemt

Re: porting a hy 30.5

Ya no front foams would slow you down some so after your new wheels you might be surprised!!

jackson

get that thing to the sand dunnes mate and then make it live up to it's name

"dune runner" i want to see it riping the sand like the bajas!!

rampagemt

Re: porting a hy 30.5

I think 2wd is far superior when it comes to the sand its just rips ass

jackson

your's wont stay behind man it moves pretty dam fast i was just watching your vids sweet looking buggy !!!if i only didn't own two mt's!!!

alfred e numan

Rev monster F 270 W modded jet-pro

The Jet-Pro factory is about 150 miles away from me. I had Dino/ spelling? Mod the rear mount for xb to gain more rpm. This made a noticeable increase up top. The F-270 revsout like a dental drill-- The stinger has a slightly larger I.D. and is approx 1/3 shorter than the standard issue Jet-Pro rear mount for the mighty XB. Good combo for a light weight car.

G

I have Flowsystem here locally. I will be having Eric either mod my Jetpro or make me a pipe for the MT. The 36 is too much for the Jetpro.

jackson

am left with two otpions either by a clone version of the ddm rear pipe and mod it or make my own!! prices are a bit to much for me specialy combined with shipping all the way down here in brazil!!

alfred e numan

I am in total agreement about the Jet-Pro on large engines. Not enough volume. This pipe likes smaller engines- The F-270 is perfect. On a 180, I tried this engine on my tb2 hybred. It has a very large 1 off prototype made by fluid r-c. It was built for ported 30.5 cc engines. Very hard to tune. This large volume pipe caused what I call - engine suck out. Pipe design is a science no doubt. Here is another idea to tinker with- This photo shows the butterfly cut to the extreme- borderline too much metal removed- This is harmless to an engine- If too much metal is removed, It will not idle down enough with the butterfly fully closed. When you eventually hit the sweet spot - the size of the cutaway- It makes my larger engines rip- 29cc and up. On a standard walbro- stock- The high speed and low speed circuts start to overlap @ approx 1/3 throttle- This mod changes that. Even @ 50 degrees temp, the low speed needle is about 3/4 turn open. the hsn is a hair less than 1 turn open. This is with a 3/4" tall velocity stack- dt1 two stage. 50% non ethanol pump- 50% vp110c -klotz @ 32-1. This mod makes starting non choke engines easy- Every engine-pipe-carb- will respond diffrently to this mod- but when eventually every thing clicks together right- the 813-990 rocks. You have to remove the valve off the carb to do this- leave the pop-off spring stock. This has not been attempted on a non high speed check valve carb- I think it would flood it when the throttle was chopped after a wot run. When it warms up- I will give it a try- only one way to know--

creepingcharlie

jackson said:
get that thing to the sand dunnes mate and then make it live up to it's name "dune runner" i want to see it riping the sand like the bajas!!
I will be getting adapter and new tires and wheels soon. Also maybe a set of paddles if the bank account isnt to bankrupt. I can't wait to get in the sand. Last weekend I was down at Ventura beach and was wishing I took it with me. I think it would be bad ass to see all 4 wheels throwing a roost. But I hate to bust all you guys bubble it not a DR. Its a exceed barca. Almost the same thing but different. They are so much alike and seening how exceed sucks with there support and redcat has awesome support these is where I come for help and tips. The guys here are a real help. My next new 1/5 scale will be a redcat for sure. So please guys don't bash me to hard. Lol.

larryo

It's not about bashing bud,It's about having fun and to get info on any rc truck or car.If people bash because it's another brand there as* clowns.

The hobby is about having fun, not how deep you wallet is.

Good luck and have fun.

Larry

creepingcharlie

And having fun is had running this buggie. But even some times it has to come to a stop. All my up grades have come to a stop. My other hobbies / Honda civic needs a trans so the rc is put on hold for a bit. Tgood thing its tax season. That and side jobs are plieing up on me and that's where the rc money comes from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.