• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

Ice_2k

RampageHopUps said:
3k in front, 4k in rear.
Does the entire diff assembly come of the car in order to change the oil inside?

designed2survive

After 2 days delay with the post office, I finally received my order from DDM. The funny part is that I received 3 aluminum servo horns??? I know the 5765 comes with a free DDM one. But it also came with the optional double sided one. On top of that the 5645 also came with a single arm aluminum one. Is that common or was that a mistake?

Also ordered an exhaust tube.

phreerider

only thing better than a package is packages AND boxes!

designed2survive

phreerider said:
only thing better than a package is packages AND boxes!
LOL!

Now I need to figure out what I'm doing for roll cage and bumper. A redcat aluminum roll cage would be the shorter way but it no longer fit. I already have 10mm full aluminum tube and 0.25" ABS plastic sheet. Oh well, we'll see!

designed2survive

Just remembered that the hitec steering servo is shorter than the regular 5b servo. Need to add making a new servo to the list and then hopefully I'll be able to really give the car a try.

Silent_chaos

designed2survive said:
Is there anything more to it than just heat with torch and bend?
You can always weld using metal tubes, it will give you more of an agressive look than bending

designed2survive

Silent_chaos said:
You can always weld using metal tubes, it will give you more of an agressive look than bending
It would be cool but unfortunately I don't have a welder . I was referring to the ABS plastic as I have never dealt with one. I was thinking cut, heat it up and bend it to shape.

phreerider

ABS plastic , can be heated with heat gun and shaped. EASY with the heat it will blister on surface as it approaches plastic stage . slow and even . a holding jig or form makes it easier.

designed2survive

phreerider said:
ABS plastic , can be heated with heat gun and shaped. EASY with the heat it will blister on surface as it approaches plastic stage . slow and even . a holding jig or form makes it easier.
Cool! Will try that! Thanks!

Silent_chaos

I was just thinking. Since you have a CNC machine, it would be awesome if you can start a project based on a GP460 engine.

designed2survive

Silent_chaos said:
I was just thinking. Since you have a CNC machine, it would be awesome if you can start a project based on a GP460 engine.
I actually don't have a CNC machine. I wish! A GP460 project would be cool!

Here is a thread where someone started a project like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts