• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

phreerider

nice mount, 6mm plate is endless in application!

with the air filter it is tight

theres a chassis brace , center on stock side steer servo . since the mount at all separate steer x2 and throtle ...is it still on unit/

Kershaw Designs

Advertiser
Vendor
Awesome build!! Not much of the original XB left lol. HPI shocks are an awesome upgrade over stock. I have the same pro-line rims with some badlands on them now but I like those hostile racing tires. Might have to make the switch. How do you like em? Which bead-lock rings are you running with them?

designed2survive

phreerider said:
nice mount, 6mm plate is endless in application! with the air filter it is tight

theres a chassis brace , center on stock side steer servo . since the mount at all separate steer x2 and throtle ...is it still on unit/
It is indeed tight by the air filter but also by the exhaust but it fits. I'm using 10mm plate as it will also be the support for the battery box which can weight a bit with the battery inside.

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

Kershaw Designs said:
Awesome build!! Not much of the original XB left lol. HPI shocks are an awesome upgrade over stock. I have the same pro-line rims with some badlands on them now but I like those hostile racing tires. Might have to make the switch. How do you like em? Which bead-lock rings are you running with them?
Thanks!

I love them. To me there are great all around tires specially for a basher! I'm using the hostile bead-lock. Not only are they really tuff but their lip is raised far more than others.

designed2survive

Steering done and 9500rpm spring installed. Next the 7075rc diffs.

designed2survive

jackson said:
will it ever get dirty? amazing build man
It got dirty during testing which pointed out not too satisfactory steering to my liking. Just no footage. Had to clean it up before modifying the steering and adding the diffs. Now that's taken care of. Last thing is to finish the roll cage. As much as I enjoy fabing and building, I love driving even more and can't wait to get that roll cage done! Lol!

Ildy666

I like the fact there's no snow in the driveway....

Also XB looks SICK....wow....I gotta get that wing.

designed2survive

Ildy666 said:
I like the fact there's no snow in the driveway....Also XB looks SICK....wow....I gotta get that wing.
Thanks Ildy! Yeah no snow on driveway is a good thing. Wish rain would do us the same.

designed2survive

Extended the roll cage to the front towers for better tower brace.

designed2survive

Went out and had a blast this afternoon! Man is that thing sweet! The g320rc is just a monster! And to think that it is just stock...Still can't wipe that smile of my face!

It performed amazingly, well balanced, corners flat and turns on a dime with all the power necessary to pull hard. Took a brutal frontal hit on a curb while going full speed from grass to pavement and kept going with just scratches on the bumper! Just a blast! Practice some small jump on dirt road and wow, flies and lands flat! Unbelievable!

I had to stop due to a lost screw on either the c-hub or the bearing holder. No biggie I'm sure.

Sorry guys no vid for now, was not supposed to be a real bash session so didn't bring my recording equipment. Next time!

Just can't wait to get back out again! I weighted it today in its RTR form and it was 5lbs less heavier than a stock Losi 5ive. Might explained why the g320rc was effortlessly toying around with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online