• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT trophy truck project

teedog12

You'll have to post some video or is this going to be a shelf queen? Nice looking truck!

G

Actuall been looking for the camera. I tried to use the phone but the video was not worth posting.

After I installed the aluminum suspension arms, I was running it on my street with the cage only. The chassis is nice and stiff. I was doing some three wheel action. I can get either a front or rear wheel off the ground several inches during acceleration or breaking in a turn. Those trenchers grab asphalt like crazy. I ended up rolling it about 5 times. Bent a lower arm and steering knuckle. Lol I hurried up and had new ones delivered before I took those pics.

I'm hoping if I buy the wife a new video camera, and tell her it's for the kids, I might be able to get her to film for me. Lol

If not I did find my try pod, as I am not coordinated enough to film and drive.

DemonRC

That whole setup turned out really really nice. I bet you get a croud everytime you run :)

JimmyJay

What is that second exhust thing mounted in the back of the truck...the thing with the tube going to it from the pipe?

G

What is that second exhust thing mounted in the back of the truck...the thing with the tube going to it from the pipe?
That is a silencer. It helps lower the noise a bit. Also routing the exhaust and the fuel tank vent all the way to the back keeps the inside of the truck much cleaner. :)

TerraKill

How do you rate the jetpro pipe with the silencer as you have it? im aming for that exact set up you have, as we "must" fit silencers to tuned pipes, at the track or local residents end up complaining (they only started to complaining scince the bajas have been coming down with there overly loud tuned pipes, ruining it for everyone eles :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I works great. I notice no loss in performance with the silencer. The jet pro is awesome and is one of those really loud tuned pipes you mention. If you read all the coments, it is one of the loudest. Running the silencer makes it sound like the stock muffler. I personally love the sound of the Jetpro unsilensed but sometimes ya got others to worry about. Just adding a piece of silicon tube and aiming it at the ground will also quiet things down. I decided to try it because I like the bigger bodies. The soot and oil from the exaust was getting trapped under the body, making more mess for me to clean up. I needed a way to route the exhaust out.

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
I works great. I notice no loss in performance with the silencer. The jet pro is awesome and is one of those really loud tuned pipes you mention. If you read all the coments, it is one of the loudest. Running the silencer makes it sound like the stock muffler. I personally love the sound of the Jetpro unsilensed but sometimes ya got others to worry about. Just adding a piece of silicon tube and aiming it at the ground will also quiet things down. I decided to try it because I like the bigger bodies. The soot and oil from the exaust was getting trapped under the body, making more mess for me to clean up. I needed a way to route the exhaust out.
when i said loud i ment, silly loud. i dunno how to explain without being evil.

but it seemed to me a few of the people preffered noise to performance and had holes drilled in the expantion chamber, and made the exit pipe alot bigger or even just removed it. When i question them about the "blowing" sound coming from there cars they got all defencive and was like "it improves exhuast flow and sounds better" :confused:

i don't think they understand 2t engines, but hey everyone to there own i suppose, and my fav quote of all time "you can only take the noob to the water, you cant make the noob drink the water"

Last edited by a moderator:
G

but it seemed to me a few of the people preffered noise to performance and had holes drilled in the expantion chamber, and made the exit pipe alot bigger or even just removed it.
That would cause a loss in performance. All tuned pipe designers have one purpose to make as much power as possible. The performance comes from the design of that expansion chamber. Punching it full of holes is crazy.

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
That would cause a loss in performance. All tuned pipe designers have one purpose to make as much power as possible. The performance comes from the design of that expansion chamber. Punching it full of holes is crazy.
haha i know but you try tell them that, when ever that circle of rc'ers comes down it makes me cringe

all the gear but no idea :rolleyes:

G

FAT49FI,

Thanks man. It was your truck with that awesome cage that inspired me to build a custom MT.

ImminentFailure

Effin retarded awesome build. I Feel like a douche posting pics of some new trencher tires thinking i'm a bad ass. Then i see this stuff.

fat49f1

Contributor
RCDAD said:
FAT49FI,Thanks man. It was your truck with that awesome cage that inspired me to build a custom MT.
Thanks,I just started on my new cage , been working like a madman and started mocking it up last night.

Alex

Verry verry tasty build ,great job man

kev0175

That is some good work you are doing, the truck is awesome. I see you are looking for different bodies to put on the ramp. Its just thought right now but if time would permit me I plan on build a contraption to make bodies for the ramp and for different scales and makes. I may have to create my own molds but if you have some more ideals for bodies let me know.

G

That is some good work you are doing, the truck is awesome. I see you are looking for different bodies to put on the ramp. Its just thought right now but if time would permit me I plan on build a contraption to make bodies for the ramp and for different scales and makes. I may have to create my own molds but if you have some more ideals for bodies let me know.
That would be great, there is a void when it comes to after market bodies for the Redcat line. I would make evey thing if possible. The desert rat trucks are very popular. Scale bodies are great to, like Bugs, Jeeps, muscle cars, classic pickup, classic panel trucks and some cool buggy bodies as well. I'm sure this hard to do since the molds must be time consuming to design. I guess if it were easy every one would do it. Good luck!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts