• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT trophy truck project

G

Here are pics with bodies on.

-

d8212e32.jpg

-

Stock body

-

3b2b6f0d.jpg

-

Woodster wide body. It is higher then where it will mount, as the mounting holes are not drilled out yet.

-

cdb3dd8e.jpg

-

And finally still my favorite the Asgard ST body. IMO still the best lid for the MT. We need to get someone to make these:)

Bill_G

That's a bad ass cage!

What type of tube did you use?

I need to build one, but not sure if I want steel or nylon rod.

G

It's 4130 chrome moly. .375" diameter with a .035" wall. Fairly light and very strong. I was thinking of bringing it to a fabricator and have it remade out of titanium. Titanium is above my skill set. Maybe for the next project. I want a buggy. Can't make up my mind between a dune runner or the xb.

-

Oh by the way Bill, thx for the photo bucket advise:)

G

Proline wheels with trenchers (all rears). It's amazing how much more responsive it is, in steering and acceleration. I am running 29-31 gears.

LightForce

Nice cage . Can you check how much does it weight when you get the chance. My nylon/delrin gave up after 30 rolls but weight was under 1pound.

G

I painted the Asgard body. I realized I was a bit rusty and impatient, but it still turned out ok. I printed the girl on brochure paper and then used xxxmain picture glue to glue it to the inside of the body. That stuff works great. I used an air brush to highlight around the image. That seemed to help the image look as thought it was part of the paint job. The flames are xxxmain stickers that are also on the inside of the body. They also worked great and look as they are painted. After stickers and the photos were applied I marbilizded the rest. The only external stickers are the grill, lights and rampage (had to represent) stickers.

8ab9446e.jpg

-

e75b07ca.jpg

-

100b79df.jpg

-

58ab330a.jpg

-

G

I installed and wired the LEDS to the Killer RC light controller. Most of the wiring is ran inside the cage tubing. I had to add another electrical box (from a losi) to hold all the extra connections as the MT box was too full. I control them with the 3rd channel of my FS-gt3b. Everything worked perfectly.

d84940b6.jpg

-

135f6745.jpg

-

a6fd7411.jpg

-

9bb33613.jpg

G

Here are some pics of her naked. You can see lots of parts designed for other trucks that can be used. Just takes a little imagination.

5eac3bd0.jpg

-

577c1d8e.jpg

-

c696481b.jpg

-

d48967da.jpg

G

And a few more.

-

16177d95.jpg

-

d60a9a4c.jpg

-

4ff29a62.jpg

-

06513ec1.jpg

Last edited:

TerraKill

drowning in my own drool right now...... one LUSH truck!

really loving the front bumper and roll cage, did you make the bumper yourself, and mount the integy baja header? and the light mounts? and make the exhaust manifold?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

TerraKill drowning in my own drool right now...... one LUSH truck!really loving the front bumper and roll cage, did you make the bumper yourself, and mount the integy baja header? and the light mounts? and make the exhaust manifold?
Front bumper is integy Baja front bumper.

Gard under Front bumper is for baja rear, tubing in-between is home-made.

Lights are made for Baja and mount to the front bumper.

Light mount on top of cage is part of cage.

Exhaust manifold is part of the Jetpro pipe. Silicon tube connects the Jetpro to the silencer.

Thx for the compliments:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts