• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got it started, but only at full throttle

G

They all bolt in. You just have to swap the clutch case and flywheel cover on the zen.

Guantanamo Joe

swap with the engine I would be taking out? Or is there another part to order? The ZENOA29 is what I was looking at- what can you tell me about it? Are the mounting holes the same? Is the power the same as the stock motor?

Guantanamo Joe

I can get inner tube... thanks for the tip on that.

So what do yall think on my current engine? Do you think I should try a new carb on it or crack it open and see if I can find wtf is wrong?

Guantanamo Joe

I ordered a 990 from gismomotors last night- but like I said, that means it is at least 2 weeks away, and if I have to sit here and stare at this beautiful truck for 2 more weeks(with my pouty face on) I will just scream.

cherryride

I have a 1/10 and a 1/8 scale cars to play with while i build my mt. I've had it a month or two now and have not even started it. I'm waiting till i get everything done first.

That way i get more practice crashing the babies first! lol

Guantanamo Joe

I have a jato 3.3... it is fun and fast, but I just cant quit playing with my 1/5th scalers...thats why I might just take the engine from the XT and put it in the MT... then I can work on this motor while it is in the XT...

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
swap with the engine I would be taking out? Or is there another part to order? The ZENOA29 is what I was looking at- what can you tell me about it? Are the mounting holes the same? Is the power the same as the stock motor?
Swap it with what you have now. If your going to change engines, you might as well go for a race ported engine. I can't even explain what a huge difference between the stock and a worked motor. The stockers are in the 2+ hp range. Even a moderate engine rated at 5hp is soo much more fun.

G

Theyre all considered drop in. Just that the Zens have a thicker clutch case, so you just swap it with the one you pull out. The flywheel cover on the Zen has different screw holes on the bottom, so you just swap it with the one you pull out. No extra parts required. Check out the ESP engines from DDM and check out the OBR engines. Just try to control the drool. desismileys_3923.gif

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
as a matter of fact, I am definately doing that tomorrow (swapping engines, not throwing mine in the ocean)... because if I cant get this MT to run soon, I think i might cry... I love this truck and it has so far only made one lap around a go-kart track... wtf...
Swap the carbs instead. Much easier and if that doesn't fix the issue, you know it's not a carb issue.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I can get inner tube... thanks for the tip on that.So what do yall think on my current engine? Do you think I should try a new carb on it or crack it open and see if I can find wtf is wrong?
Just to make sure. Take the exhaust off and look into the exhaust port. If you see scoring on the side of the piston, you need a new cylinder and piston. If you don't see any scoring, your cylinder is fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts