• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got it started, but only at full throttle

cherryride

If the LS screw isnt having any effect on it running then it might be plugged.I'd give carb good cleaning and check the screen by the diaphragm.

I had trouble with the 8k clutch spring binding in the holes they go through.I wonder if that might cause the shoes to stick or not close all the way,or open all the way too.

Guantanamo Joe

Yes... I am trying not to buy it yet, I did just spring the money for the truck- then the pipe and killswitch...

I have a list of parts for about $150 that I want, all dealing with air and fuel... but I want to wait until I finish a couple of leather jobs to order it all...

I did just see a post thought where they are only 38 bucks at gizmotors

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Yes... I am trying not to buy it yet, I did just spring the money for the truck- then the pipe and killswitch...I have a list of parts for about $150 that I want, all dealing with air and fuel... but I want to wait until I finish a couple of leather jobs to order it all...

I did just see a post thought where they are only 38 bucks at gizmotors
And they're back in stock!

Walbro WT-990 high-performance carburetor

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
If the clutch is dragging, what can be done about it? Should I just put the old clutch back in or can it be sanded down a little?
Put the old clutch back on and see if that solves the issue.

G

That's a problem. Now we just need to figure out why.

Guantanamo Joe

as soon as I can get the gear plate off, maybe we will know...

If nothing else, I really have no issues with the original clutch... it's not like anyone else here has a gasser I can race against... It's just me and the smaller scale guys out playing around. My pipe comes in soon and I will do whatever it takes to have it running when the dominator is ready for installation... I know that it will add tons more performance than an 8k clutch....

G

I will grab one from inventory and make sure it's to specks.

G

8k clutch is fine. Did you install all four washers on the clutch bolts? The spring washers in front and the flat washers in the back. It should not rock on the mount. The spring washers should just hold the clutch snug against the mount.

G

I through one on my mt and it did not rub on the clutch. I'm interested to hear what you find.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts