• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got it started, but only at full throttle

Guantanamo Joe

Ok, so today I vented the Gas cap... so I have a pretty yellow line running through my cage.

I FINALLY got the engine to start after dumping out all the excess gas from inside the engine. However, it will only start at half to full throttle and will not idle AT ALL... as soon as I let the trigger go, she stops firing (in machine guns this is a desireable trait, but not on my truck).

The idle screw is turned in plenty, and we are still at factory needle settings...

Any suggestions?

alfred e numan

this a new motor? sounds like bad gas- or a messed up carb- or a leaking jug-intake- crank seal- these modern toys can be a pita @ times. yea, this does noy really narrow down the trouble- just check these areas out with @ fine tooth comb---

Deluge

Have you tried leaning out the low speed needle a bit? Give it about an 8th of a turn, clock wise. Sounds like you're running too rich.

Deluge

GTS 666 said:
I would check those factory needle settings as well mate they could be wrong.
What he said...

Try these...

HSN - 1 1/2 turns

LSN - 1 1/4 turns

Guantanamo Joe

I have put the needles at those settings already and have leaned the low needle 1/8th of a turn at a time for almost a full turn- seems like it's not making any kind of difference at all.

G

Get it running on a stand. Even if it means full throttle. You might need to clear it out. Are you blowing smoke when it is running for the short bit?

G

Another thing to double check.

I know you were working on the gear plate. Check to see that the clutch is not dragging. The clutch bell could spin freely around the clutch shoes. Of course you will have to unhook the belt or gears. If the clutch is even partially engaged it will be impossible to get started and keep running at idle.

Just a thought.....

G

It should fit with out any modification. You just want to make sure everything is installed correctly and you didn't look over something. It happens to the best of us.

Clutch shoe bolts.

Bearing in and inserted all the way.

All the gear plate bolts and spacers in and tight.

You are looking for anything that could misalign the clutch shoes or clutch bell.

If its all good then it's back to the carb.

G

Good luck! Hope you get her resolved sooner than later reguardless of the cause.

Guantanamo Joe

Me too... though I am not going to drive her much regardless until my killer bee and new pipe show up... though I am sad because I have to cut my body once the pipe gets in... I worked so hard on that quarter panel... ha ha ha

G

I know how you feel.

desismileys_4469.gif

I can't get enough of these. LOL Its all Deluge's fault. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts