• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got it started, but only at full throttle

G

Make sure the spacers under the flywheel shroud are still there also. They can vibrate out and then the engine hangs off the gear plate.

Guantanamo Joe

Got the gear plate off... I will be ordering a new one of those soon now :mad:

The engine still will only start if I hold the hammer down and will die as soon as it gets less than half throttle. I am seriously about to chunk this thing in the carribean and just swap engines from the other trucks...

Guantanamo Joe

as a matter of fact, I am definately doing that tomorrow (swapping engines, not throwing mine in the ocean)... because if I cant get this MT to run soon, I think i might cry... I love this truck and it has so far only made one lap around a go-kart track... wtf...

G

If you got the gear plate off, they should be the last two screws holding in the engine from the other side.

Guantanamo Joe

I thought those spacers are solid on the screws, but either way, I am pretty sure they are still tight- at work again... will have to take a look tomorrow.

Guantanamo Joe

I don't have any gaskets... and no way to get any... is there a home-remedy gasket I can make? Does anyone think a thin leather gasket would work?

Guantanamo Joe

grrr... I want to go back to the States where I don't have to wait 2 weeks for EVERYTHING... ha ha ha

If I were just to upgrade the engine entirely (then just use this one for parts), which ones are "bolt on" and don't require crazy modifications?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts