• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Ildy666

I bought the titanium version and for the price it can't be beat....

Ice_2k

Can you tell me what is the separately-sold sbus controller needed for? And another thing, what sensors are included with it? I would like to get telemetry on 4 things: receiver battery, engine temperature, RPM, speed. Must I buy some additional stuff to get all this info?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Its a really great radio for the price I have ad one for over 2 years with no problems the sbus controller is for if you want to expand an channel run more then 1 light or servo off the same channel on the radio.

Ice_2k

rcgasser said:
the sbus controller is for if you want to expand an channel run more then 1 light or servo off the same channel on the radio.
You can actually control multiple servos on the same channel using that?

Ice_2k

problem is that, since I already have the ramtech KS, the super bee will effectively raise the IT4's price to $200 :)

Ice_2k

Are flysky's that bad? I have a very basic FS (2ch 2.4ghz, nothing else) on an electric 1/10 buggy and I'm pretty happy with it...

RampageHopUps

Flyskys aren't bad. The stock Redcat is a Flysky.

The Futaba will give you better range and less glitches.

If you are bashing by yourself in a field, the Flysky will work well. If you are at the dunes with 40 people, the Futaba will save your ***

RampageHopUps

Everyone on here has different scenarios. I've seen dozens of run-aways at the dunes and at races. One Baja at Dunetoberfest ran away for over 2 miles. We chased it on ATVs and people were just pointing the way it went. It just ran perfect for 2 miles and then hit a fence.

RampageHopUps

No, the kill switch will stop the motor if its gets glitches or low battery. And if there is a mechanical issue like a rock in the servo linkage, then you can stop it by the 3rd channel switch.

Ice_2k

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Ok, that's good news :) So the runaway Baja you were talking about had no kill switch.

If no 3rd channel available, turning off the Tx will also kill it, right?

Ice_2k

I noticed many people recommend drilling ventilation holes in the gearbox cover, or even running without it. Doesn't dust and other stuff get in between the gears?!

Also, is heat really still a problem with the metal gears?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts