• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Am I missing something or does removing the rollcage really requires removing the servo linkages which requires releasing the throttle servo from its slot in order to be able to get the linkage out of the brake lever?
Yes you need to remove the cage

No you can get the linkages out with the servo in place

Just take the horn off and slip the cage under it

Ice_2k

Are there any parts of the DR that don't like water? I have other cars marked as waterproof that get rust on different drivetrain and suspension components.

Phill

The drive train will rust and the electrics will fail

Best to stay away from water as much as possible

Ice_2k

Well, that sucks :) The electronics were marked as waterproof, I thought they'll be ok.

RampageHopUps

The electronics are water resistant, not waterproof. They are better than before, but you should still add silicone to the battery box holes if you plan on running in wet conditions. Some people add water baloons to the servos for added resistance.

Ice_2k

Got it, thanks. I'll just stay away from water I guess.

P.S. Not that it matters much, but both the redcatracing site and the sticker on the servos say waterproof :p

Ice_2k

Quick question: is it normal to feel a pretty decent amount of friction from the drivetrain when pushing the car along with my hand? I would expect it to move a little more freely but I never played with a 5th scale before, so...

P.S. The brakes are not touching, I checked.

RampageHopUps

Yeah, the Redcats are fairly tight in the beginning. Once all the gears are broke in, it will free ride a little easier.

Ice_2k

Ok, so I shouldn't worry about it. I was thinking of at least adding some grease to the gears in the gearbox, they are completely dry

Ice_2k

Good point on the dirt. As for the soap, any particular reason you chose that brand? Are you looking for some special characteristics in the soap? I'm asking because this particular brand of soap is not available in my country, so I should find a replacement.

Ice_2k

I just received my WT-1107. Wasn't I suppose to also get some gaskets? I thought they would come with the carb, should I have ordered them separately? Would it be ok to use the old ones?...

P.S. The carb also came without the choke lever plastic handle... I guess I can use the one from my original carb, but it's a bit strange...

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

No gaskets with new carbs.

You should be able to use the old ones, as long as you change them in the next few weeks. After that, they will tear when you take them off.

Ice_2k

Got it, thanks.

Unrelated question: is there such a thing as a "water resistant charger plug" or something similar? I'm looking for a way to charge my battery without opening the battery box each time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.