• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Greggfromohio

Heat is not a problem with metal gears. The old machines came with plastic gears which could melt if you ran it hard.

designed2survive

Phill said:
They melted if you ran it at all
Lol! Sorry that's just funny! :)

It happens to the MCD plastic gear plate too. Aluminum gear plate is the way to go.

Phill

designed2survive said:
Lol! Sorry that's just funny! :) It happens to the MCD plastic gear plate too. Aluminum gear plate is the way to go.
Mine lasted exactly 4 minutes.

Luckily I had been reading this forum and ordered the alloy plate with pin type gears when I ordered the DR.

Ice_2k

Great. When I decide to drop the stock steering servo and go for a hitec or savox, should I also consider changing the stock saver?

Ice_2k

Great, I'll stick with the stock saver if there are no known issues with it.

Quick question about the air filter: I saw people talking about an inclined velocity stack to use the Baja air filter without hitting the throttle/brake servo linkage on the XT (I think). Is this also a problem on the DR? My parts are already on their way and I only ordered the air filter, nothing else, I thought it was a direct fit.

RampageHopUps

The Shreadstack is a good addition, but not really needed. Just put the fitting on the underside of the horn, instead of on top.

Ice_2k

I received a separate failsafe module with the DR, how do I use it? I watched the redcat videos and they describe setting the failsafe directly on the receiver (there's a small button next to the power led). What do I do with this extra module? View attachment 7656

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424393486.266996.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424393486.266996.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424393486.266996.jpg.ec5f68910a1e03a731df2032840719fb.jpg

Ice_2k

Dunerunner v3 questions? :) thanks guys. One more thing: how do I remove the air filter cover? I watched youtube videos and they didn't seem to look like mine does. I can remove the actual filters but the metal mesh can't fit through the cover. View attachment 7657

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424414634.133339.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424414634.133339.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424414634.133339.jpg.ac442bf7113b294468f29b7d78407ac8.jpg

RampageHopUps

That is a new and highly needed upgrade. You should be able to pull the foam through the middle hole. I'm not sure how they seal that front ring to the main body, but I'm sure its glue or maybe even sonic welded, (I doubt it though). It might just be a tight fit.

Ice_2k

Am I missing something or does removing the rollcage really requires removing the servo linkages which requires releasing the throttle servo from its slot in order to be able to get the linkage out of the brake lever?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.