• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Phill

Phill said:
I know nothing about Bajas RobDo all Baja wheels fit or do we need to go with 5B or 5T etc?

Thanks in advance
That came out wrong.

I know they'll all fit the 24mm hex but which are the most suitable diameter?

I'm looking for something close to or bigger than a DR front.

RampageHopUps

It's really personal preference. I like the wide huge tires for the beefy look. If you are racing, you could use the 5T fronts for large diameter but smaller ground patch.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
It's really personal preference. I like the wide huge tires for the beefy look. If you are racing, you could use the 5T fronts for large diameter but smaller ground patch.
The wide ones would be my choice too.

Which are they in Baja?

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Are the 5T rears also the largest diameter?

Ice_2k

Hi guys,

I could use a little help here, I'm considering buying a Dunerunner V3 and I'd like some info on'em:

1. Are they all 4wd or is there a 2wd version as well?

2. What is the engine size? I noticed on some sites they're listed as 26cc and on others as 30cc.

3. I noticed some guys on youtube swapping the metal gears in the transmission with a belt system. Any idea why? Are there any advantages to doing this?

4. Would a performance exhaust make a notable difference in sound/power?

I'm asking all this stuff because I live in Europe and so shipping is a problem for me. As such, I would like to order everything I need in one shipping, to save on shipping costs.

Thanks a lot.

RampageHopUps

See my answers below.

Ice_2k said:
Hi guys,I could use a little help here, I'm considering buying a Dunerunner V3 and I'd like some info on'em:

1. Are they all 4wd or is there a 2wd version as well? Now 4wd, but there was a 2wd version years back

2. What is the engine size? I noticed on some sites they're listed as 26cc and on others as 30cc. 32cc now, 30.5 last few years, 26cc first builds

3. I noticed some guys on youtube swapping the metal gears in the transmission with a belt system. Any idea why? Are there any advantages to doing this? belts seem to last longer and gearing options are better.

4. Would a performance exhaust make a notable difference in sound/power? Yes, big difference

I'm asking all this stuff because I live in Europe and so shipping is a problem for me. As such, I would like to order everything I need in one shipping, to save on shipping costs.

Thanks a lot.

Ice_2k

RampageHopUps said:
See my answers below.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me. I'm gonna nag you a little more if it's ok :)

Regarding the engine - so the one here is 32cc? http://www.rampageshop.com/dunerunner---gas-buggy.html

Belt - by "gearing" you mean sacrificing top speed for better low rpm power and viceversa? Is there such a kit you could recommend?

Exhaust - could you recommend one?

Thanks again for your time.

RampageHopUps

I'm not sure what rampages hop has in stock, you need to ask them.

The belt kit is from Germany, it is on eBay.

I like the Catbox for exhaust. But you can do much better with someone else's advise.

Ice_2k

Oh, sorry, I thought you were associated with rampage shop :)

As far as you know, are there any other improvements on the 32cc model except the engine? All the sites I checked are listing either 26 or 30cc, so I'm guessing the 32cc model will be harder to find.

Ice_2k

So maybe I should better wait for 1-2 months longer to make sure I get the 32 :)

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
The 5Ts are the larger diameter.
Thanks Rob

Sorry about all the questions but in my area I can't just walk into the LHS and check things out.

We have 2 stores but they carry very little 1/5 stuff apart from KM & Losi cars and virtually no spare parts for either

I get most of my parts from ebay or other online stores.

Ice_2k

I read some reports online of the throttle servo becoming stuck in the WOT position and the buggy getting away from its owner. First of all, did that happen to anyone here? It's hard to judge how frequent this issue is by a few online reports. And second, is this as bad as it sounds? Doesn't applying the brakes help to stop it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts