• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

Ice_2k

RampageHopUps said:
No gaskets with new carbs.You should be able to use the old ones, as long as you change them in the next few weeks. After that, they will tear when you take them off.
One more question on installing the WT-1107. I also got the ADA manifold, my question is regarding aligning the holes in the manifold with the holes in the carb. There are obviously 2 large holes for the bolts and then the carb has another two small holes, but the manifold has only one.

Ice_2k

Ice_2k said:
One more question on installing the WT-1107. I also got the ADA manifold, my question is regarding aligning the holes in the manifold with the holes in the carb. There are obviously 2 large holes for the bolts and then the carb has another two small holes, but the manifold has only one.
Need help :eek:

Ice_2k

Here it is

av540manifold.jpg

walbro-wt-1107-carburetor.jpg

av540manifold.jpg

walbro-wt-1107-carburetor.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/av540manifold.jpg.9fa9dab9a154698babb1bd53f618b306.jpg

/monthly_2015_03/walbro-wt-1107-carburetor.jpg.73b1d5afe9281911516e94328b24f0ff.jpg

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Here it is
According to Zenoah the tiny hole (on the bottom of the carburetor) is called the standard fuel pump pulse port. In one world the carb receives pulses and pushes from the crankcase through that hole. When installing your billet manifold, make sure that tiny hole is at the bottom as the standard pulse port (if equipped) is on the bottom according to pic below.

Check that link for more info.

Ice_2k

Great stuff man, thanks a lot! So the bottom hole is the one I need. Just wonder what the top hole was for...

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Great stuff man, thanks a lot! So the bottom hole is the one I need. Just wonder what the top hole was for...
I wish I had my spare carb on hand, I could swear the top hole is not even a through hole.

Ice_2k

Do you guys think it's worth upgrading the front suspension arms to aluminium? Would that make the car stronger overall or would it just cause the next weak link to break when hitting something?

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Do you guys think it's worth upgrading the front suspension arms to aluminium? Would that make the car stronger overall or would it just cause the next weak link to break when hitting something?[/quotePlastic flexes - alloy bends

I prefer plastic but it's personal preference

Ice_2k

I went with the plastic ones too. I thought better to have the plastic part at the front of the car and stock up on replacements for that than to beef that up and break something else each time.

Btw, do I need to take the gearbox and clutch assemblies off first before removing the engine?

Ice_2k

Cool, thanks! Sounds like removing the engine is actually a pretty trivial task...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.