• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XDEEDUBBX's build thread

Deluge

Same here. I blacked out mine because the chrome was starting to chip. Plus it looks beast.

GTS 666

I'm thinking I might have to put my MT wheels back on to as the Bow ties hook up nice and give better performance but i miss those big Tyres. Mine are the chrome look and are chiped as well I will have to refurbish them with black too or I might try something totally different just to see what might work. What color should I try my first though is

XDEEDUBBX

I used plasti dip on mines.

XDEEDUBBX

Got my intake vstack and air filter kit installed. Ordered it from python. The sound of the jetpro and air filter combined is badass!

and a pic of my redcat aftershock 3.5 with a losi rockstar body!

XDEEDUBBX

Installed my v-stack/ air filter kit from python.

2011-12-26141637.jpg

2011-12-26141625.jpg

Car is running better now but losing some throttle and signal loss intermittently. Going to try and rebind my receiver and transmitter tomorrow.

Here's also a pic of my other redcat, the aftershock 3.5 in losi rockstar armor!

2011-12-26141649.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

XDEEDUBBX

Ok stupid question. During idle the car wants to move forward. I adjusted the control on the remote but it still wants to move forward. Which adjustment can I make so that it would be completely still while at idle?

RampageHopUps

XDEEDUBBX said:
Ok stupid question. During idle the car wants to move forward. I adjusted the control on the remote but it still wants to move forward. Which adjustment can I make so that it would be completely still while at idle?
Adjust the idle from the silver Phillips head screw on the carb, not from the remote.

XDEEDUBBX

Deluge said:
Adjust the low speed needle. Turn it about an 8th of a turn counter-clockwise and see if that helps.
I will try this, also when tuning for more top speed should I turn the high speed needle 1/8th to the right?

waqr

Great thread with a lot of useful information and pictures.

What do you think about the truck so far? Many parts broken?

Deluge

XDEEDUBBX said:
I will try this, also when tuning for more top speed should I turn the high speed needle 1/8th to the right?
When leaning it out, it's safer to go about a 16th of a turn at a time. And yes, you turn it clockwise to lean it out. Check your plug while you tune to make sure you're not too lean. Before you pull the plug to check it, do a high speed run then quickly kill the engine, that way you get an accurate reading. At your final setting, you want the plug to be a brown paper bag color.

XDEEDUBBX

waqr said:
Great thread with a lot of useful information and pictures. What do you think about the truck so far? Many parts broken?
Thanks, so far the only part that went out on me was my throttle servo, but that was my fault, I started the engine first but forgot to turn on the electronics, after turning the electronics on the car just darted out full throttle killing a bucket of water and that fried my servo, other than that this thing is pretty solid.

Deluge said:
When leaning it out, it's safer to go about a 16th of a turn at a time. And yes, you turn it clockwise to lean it out. Check your plug while you tune to make sure you're not too lean. Before you pull the plug to check it, do a high speed run then quickly kill the engine, that way you get an accurate reading. At your final setting, you want the plug to be a brown paper bag color.
thanks deluge, you've been great help so far. I turned the L needle 1/8th and that fixed it right up. no more jumping forward. I'll work on the H needle later this week.

waqr

I noticed that you have cut off the one of the sections in the rollcage (in front of the airfilter). Does this affect the stability alot in the rollcage?

XDEEDUBBX

I didn't cut it off just took the screws out, the filter is too big. I don't think it affected it that much. I'm going to upgrade to the metal roll cage very soon, or build a custom one.

waqr said:
I noticed that you have cut off the one of the sections in the rollcage (in front of the airfilter). Does this affect the stability alot in the rollcage?

XDEEDUBBX

Did some tuning runs today, here's a quick video. Shot this at my daughters school parking lot.

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts