• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XDEEDUBBX's build thread

Keith81

I love seeing the redcat come out of the box, brings back memories to me of when I got my first MT... hehe

XDEEDUBBX

bad news, throttle servo just went out. Steering servo works fine but throttle and brakes won't engage. Just spoke with redcat and they will be sending me out a new one! Gotta love their customer service!

XDEEDUBBX

2011-12-15%2B12.22.23.jpg

I received my jetpro pipe in today directly from jetpro. Dino is a cool guy and shipping was very fast. Started to install it today and noticed something wrong:

2011-12-15%2B13.35.15.jpg

2011-12-15%2B13.35.25.jpg

2011-12-15%2B13.35.37.jpg

Can you guys see the problem? The pipe is perfectly fine and the finish is awesome but looks like redcat themselves goofed up. They installed the gas tank the wrong way. The pipe is hitting the top of the gas cap. So now I have to pull the diff and the driveshaft out cause it goes through the gas tank.

What's the easiest way to pull the driveshaft out so that I can flip the gas tank around the other way? Any info would help..

G

You do need to reverse the fuel tank. Its not as bad as you might think. Take the whole rear suspension out by removing the screws under the dif. Then you can slide the tank out and turn it around.

XDEEDUBBX

thanks dad, so you are refering to the screws under the chassis correct?

RCDAD said:
You do need to reverse the fuel tank. Its not as bad as you might think. Take the whole rear suspension out by removing the screws under the dif. Then you can slide the tank out and turn it around.

G

Yes. Sorry I get ahead of myself and always assume that everyone knows I'm thinking.LOL

G

Here you can see it does fit the same when turned around. I think the older versions came the tank the other way. Jetpro would not have designed a pipe that blocked the cap.

577c1d8e.jpg

XDEEDUBBX

hopefully my replacement throttle servo will come in tomorrow so I can start working on it and get it running by the weekend..its so sad to just see it there and I can't even run it... =(

Thanks for all the help

XDEEDUBBX

Thanks RCDAD for the advice, it helped out a lot! If you didn't inform me I wouldhave taken the whole rear assembly apart! LOL.

2011-12-18%2B18.06.12.jpg

Look! Fuel cell in the correct position now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts