• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

Siringoringo1978

Phill

dsm600rr

You got it! My cylinder head should be here early next week. Will be nice, itching to get her back together. Not much driving i can do however in Michigan winters.

Ice_2k

dsm600rr said:
Not much driving i can do however in Michigan winters.
Why not? This will be my 1st winter with a gasser but I fully intend to run it in the snow.

dsm600rr

Decided to pull the head off today. Installed the new piston ring. Got everything prepped. Head should be here tomorrow.

IMG_2734_zpseufiick5.jpg

IMG_2733_zpstqyns0oy.jpg

dsm600rr

I just wanted to share a little story, and the reason this has not been updated in awhile.

I ordered a replacement head for my motor from Rob at RampageShop because i cracked my original trying to extract a broken exhaust bolt.

My engine is a 2 bolt, and the one i received from Rob (I assume these are drop shipped so not his fault) was a 4 bolt.

I emailed Rob and explained my situation and he graciously said just keep the head and he will ship out a replacement. Great, no inconvenience to me to ship the incorrect part back!

A few days go by and my new shipment arrives. To my surprisement, it is another 4-bolt head. I email Rob, and once again I am told just to keep the part and he will research what is going on and make this right.

Rob could not locate the original 2 bolt head that I needed. Next thing I know, this arrives. No additional charges, no hassle. I am still in dis-belief.

In my 32 years of existence, i have never experienced the customer service Rob at RampageShop has given. I will obviously not shop anywhere else. Kudos!

dsm600rr

Got the new motor in. Can someone confirm my fuel feed line is hooked up correctly to the carb? My feed is the green line, going to the bottom of the carb. Thanks!

designed2survive

Correct! Feed line is the one on the bottom of the carb! Just make sure the clunk at the end of it (in the tank) is touching the bottom of the tank (look through the gas cap). Ideally, also check that the end of the return line (red) is not passing through the tank grommet more than an inch (inside the tank).

One more thing I would do though, get a hpi filter, a higher rpm clutch spring and a tune exhaust provided that you already have a remote engine killer.

Looking good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

I would also add to the shopping list a metal intake manifold with teflon gaskets and metal shreadstack for better sealing

Ice_2k

Great choice! :) Unless you have some very remote places in which to run it, you might consider also ordering the silencer :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts