• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

dsm600rr

Hello everyone,

So i have been out of the RC world for many years now and recently got bit by the bug again (watching all my friends have fun).

I always wanted a 1/5 scale however do not want to spend $1000+ right out of the box.

I picked up a Redcat Racing Rampage XB. Now my question is, when i receive it what should i do before running it? Loctite all of the screws?

Is there a good performance pipe for this buggy?

Thank you!

BertR

That would be a very good investment.. The plastic gear plate has a tendency to break from to much chassis flex. I had all my steel gears get trashed from it happening and cost me 100 bones for new ones

dsm600rr

Anything else a must before i fire her up?

Ice_2k

Of course it can be used, it just won't last very long. You can easily do the break-in though. Did you read the "first run checklist" topic I gave you?

Wayne

You will have to replace the exhaust pipe fairly quickly. My stock did not last through two tanks of gas.

dsm600rr

Ice_2k said:
Of course it can be used, it just won't last very long. You can easily do the break-in though. Did you read the "first run checklist" topic I gave you?
I was meaning will the aftermarket aluminum plate work with the stock gears.

Ice_2k

Since it's listed as an upgrade, I'm pretty sure it will work fine with the stock gears but maybe someone that actually bought it can chime in.

BertR

Yes it will work just fine!! The bearings are larger than the stock ones so when its time to replace them you will need the ones for the MT. Large scale rc has them for sale as a complete set.. I will find you a link

Wayne

When you upgrade do not get the aluminum plate for the XB the bearings are the same size as the plastic one. Get the plate for the MT/TT or the 7075 plate, the bearings are larger and the 7075 plate has an extra bearing on the rear side. All the above reference plates utilize the same gear or belt driven transmission system. In my opinion, 7075 parts surpass all stock and most aftermarket parts in quality but they/he only makes a few and most are suspension or drive train oriented. With that said, I think the best option for transmissions is the Demon 2 speed but they have been out of stock for a while

dsm600rr

When I am charging the battery, how do i know when it is done? The light is still orange and it has been about 6 hours.

dsm600rr

Also, where is it recommended to apply loctite?

I applied it on the 2 motor mount bolts (metal on metal). Are the other motor mount bolts into plastic? I can only find 2.

I also applied it to the wheel bolts.

My air filter was oiled from the factory, do i need to re-oil it?

The fail safe that came with my buggy, should i use it? During testing i noticed when i cut power the throttle servo closed the throttle automatically with or without that installed.

Can you recommend me a fuel jug? Is there something handy i can buy for mixing the oil and fuel?

Thank you.

Phill

dsm600rr said:
Also, where is it recommended to apply loctite?I applied it on the 2 motor mount bolts (metal on metal). Are the other motor mount bolts into plastic? I can only find 2.

I also applied it to the wheel bolts.

My air filter was oiled from the factory, do i need to re-oil it?

The fail safe that came with my buggy, should i use it? During testing i noticed when i cut power the throttle servo closed the throttle automatically with or without that installed.

Can you recommend me a fuel jug? Is there something handy i can buy for mixing the oil and fuel?

Thank you.
Don't use Loctite on plastic as it will damage it

There are 3 more motor mount bolts holding it to the gear plate but I don't bother with Loctite there.

You need a Killl Switch in case the throttle servo jams wide open as they sometimes do.

I just use a kitchen jug for measuring oil and fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts