• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

BertR

The set screws on the lay shaft carrier could be screws in too far and putting pressure on the brake plates causing it to over heat the discs

dsm600rr

BertR said:
The set screws on the lay shaft carrier could be screws in too far and putting pressure on the brake plates causing it to over heat the discs
Please explain to the less knowledgeable....me.

BertR

There is 2 long grub screws on the pinion side of the break lay shaft suport...the part with a bearing next to the center diff. If you take the top cover over the center diff you can access the screws . get a flashlight and look at it from the left side and you will see them. In one pic of yours you can see the holes

Ice_2k

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

For parts, check redcatracing.com or davesmotors.com (daves has better prices but they don't have all the small parts).

Also, I would look into either a belt drive or at the very least upgrade your gear plate to metal (from the MT or Dunerunner, not 100% sure if direct fit on the XB, maybe others can chime in) to minimize the risk of shaving more gears

dsm600rr

I would like to get a belt drive, however i cannot find them anywhere? Suggestions?

Ice_2k

Not sure about that, maybe someone that actually has the belt drive can help with that.

Ildy666

I would recommend u get a metal one plastic doesn't last and causes more damage and expense

dsm600rr

I purchased the belt drive. I will post photos when it arrives.

dsm600rr

Its coming from Germany, so its going to be some time lol. I did google translation, here is what the kit comes with:

Included:

2x pulleys respect the grub screws of the toothed discs necessarily tighten screws securing screws or paint !

1x diverting pulley

1x timing belt HTD ( Made in Germany )

1x cover 2mm thick polycarbonate

6x VA grub screws

1x fitting instructions

I also submitted an offer for $74 and he accepted.

I will be buying this to go along with it:

http://www.rampageshop.com/store/p364/704568_%C2%A0_Blue_Aluminum_Gear_Plate_with_Bearings.html

Phill

dsm600rr said:
Its coming from Germany, so its going to be some time lol. I did google translation, here is what the kit comes with:Included:

2x pulleys respect the grub screws of the toothed discs necessarily tighten screws securing screws or paint !

1x diverting pulley

1x timing belt HTD ( Made in Germany )

1x cover 2mm thick polycarbonate

6x VA grub screws

1x fitting instructions

I also submitted an offer for $74 and he accepted.

I will be buying this to go along with it:

http://www.rampageshop.com/store/p364/704568_%C2%A0_Blue_Aluminum_Gear_Plate_with_Bearings.html
Thanks for that DSM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts