• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

dsm600rr

Ok so an issue today. After running it 6 times yesterday and breaking it in I go to start it today and i cannot get it to start up. Spark plug? There was grass on the starter vents but i pulled it off and it looks clean in there.

Suggestions? I tried for like 5 min.

Phill

dsm600rr said:
Ok so an issue today. After running it 6 times yesterday and breaking it in I go to start it today and i cannot get it to start up. Spark plug? There was grass on the starter vents but i pulled it off and it looks clean in there.Suggestions? I tried for like 5 min.
Have you checked for spark?

If no spark take the front cover off the engine and make sure no grass is stuck on the coil.

Phill

dsm600rr said:
The outerwears will work though I found having one on the pull start caused overheating.

For sure use one on the carby.Don't forget to oil the filter too.

That spark plug is too hot . You need a CMR 7H http://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page/?search=ee132%20-%20NGK%20CMR7H%20Spark%20Plug

NOT a 5.

To check the spark take the plug out , replace the lead onto it , earth it against the motor and pull the starter.

You should see the spark jump between the electrodes.If no spark I'd be pulling the front cover off to look for grass

dsm600rr

Ok i canceled the order. Isnt that the plug it comes with stock? Got the part number in the manual. I will get the plug you linked and try it out. Will the dust covers work? Nice and cheap.

What oil should i use on the filter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

dsm600rr said:
Ok i canceled the order, I will get that plug. Will the dust covers work? Nice and cheap.What oil should i use on the filter?
Yep they'll work

You get air filter oil from your local hobby shop or online

Daves where you're getting the plug should have it

dsm600rr

Thank you Phill.

When you say "pull the front cover" is that the pull start?

Phill

You might get away with just taking the pull start off and blowing it out with compressed air otherwise take the whole cover off so you can see the coil

Ice_2k

Maybe this helps:

Haven't watched it but the title looks promising.

dsm600rr

So i pulled it apart today after work. It seems to be getting spark, just seemed like a weak spark. Plug was kinda wet. Also the coil area seemed clean. Hopefully a new plug will work.

I did notice some oil or dirty-ness on the carb. Not sure why she wont fire.

Ice_2k

A rich LSN can make starting really difficult, try leaning it out a bit and hold the throttle open while pulling. Also, make sure it's not flooded from too many pulls.

dsm600rr

If its flooded what shall i do?

Also, since it is apart, I might as well re-gap the coil. What is the process for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Loosen the coil bolts get a business card put it between the coil and flywheel spin it to the pickup on the flywheel lock down the coil and then spin the flywheel to remove the card and it's set.

dsm600rr

So gap it at the shiny metal things on the flywheel with a business card directly under the coil?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts