• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

Phill

Now all you need to do is take it out and get it dirty.

Before you do though did you check the head bolts for tightness?

If you have a tension wrench they should be about 80 in/lbs

If not try for tight and even

BertR

Phill said:
Now all you need to do is take it out and get it dirty.Before you do though did you check the head bolts for tightness?

If you have a tension wrench they should be about 80 in/lbs

If not try for tight and even
It's been over 3 years since mine was that clean lol. Fire it up and go have fun!

dsm600rr

I still need to check the head bolts, I have not done that. Should i leave the plastic shroud off after I check the bolts, or re-install it?

Ice_2k

I believe the plastic cover is controlling airflow to cool the engine so yes, I think you should reinstall it.

Ice_2k

dsm600rr said:
When I am charging the battery, how do i know when it is done? The light is still orange and it has been about 6 hours.
You should consider getting a better charger, the stocker is just awful

BertR

Ice_2k said:
I believe the plastic cover is controlling airflow to cool the engine so yes, I think you should reinstall it.
Ice is correct!! The shroud force's air from the flywheel through the fins on the head to cool it.. I let mine charge anywhere from 6-8 hours with stock trickle charger ...A aftermarket charger will be faster than the stock.

dsm600rr

So i finished my break in today following this:

I ran my mixture as recommended in the video of: 28/1 Using Castor 927. Should i continue to run a 28/1 mixture?

Also, im running a Hobbico VoltWatch2 and plan on getting a RAMTech Kill Switch. Will i need a different receiver to be able to run both?

Anyway, crappy cell phone video and one hand driving:

https://youtu.be/S78l-5s0wx4

RampageHopUps

28:1 is a good mix. For the volt watch, get a splitter and run it from the battery before it gets to the RX.

dsm600rr

Can you link me to the splitter? Also what should i use to clean/oil the air filter? Do i need a cover for the starter? I noticed alot of grass in it after running it hard yesterday. Do i have to pull the cover every time to change the battery?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

You should get outerwears to avoid grass & other crap getting in sensitive places. You can get outerwear for pull start, for flywheel and if you continue running in such dusty conditions, definetely one for your air filter.

As far as charging is concerned, I made some modifications to mine so I can charge it in the box:

dsm600rr

Wayne said:
When you upgrade do not get the aluminum plate for the XB the bearings are the same size as the plastic one. Get the plate for the MT/TT or the 7075 plate, the bearings are larger and the 7075 plate has an extra bearing on the rear side. All the above reference plates utilize the same gear or belt driven transmission system. In my opinion, 7075 parts surpass all stock and most aftermarket parts in quality but they/he only makes a few and most are suspension or drive train oriented. With that said, I think the best option for transmissions is the Demon 2 speed but they have been out of stock for a while
Can you link me to the one that is recommended?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts