• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 2x4 Buggy Testing

kryptonite

RampageHopUps said:
No pictures until Redcat decides to sell them. Its the same set-up as the TT/MT, but with different servos. Towandageho or something. I've been beating on mine stock for about 3.5 hours so far, and nothing has broken. Not even the throttle servo, or the rims.
STOOP!! your making me want one..

chucked

and i bet 4wd wont work because that tank is in there long ways, the hole in the tt and mt tanks goes short ways.

cable97526

Ok I do like the buggy, BUT I am definatley more into a CORR truck of some kind. I mean come on guys no one has a real corr truck other than HPI but it's 2WD!!!!! it needs to be 4WD!! I would really be more interested in the core truck teaser they showed us than this.

prostock

I agree cable,

This chassis in 4WD and a the CORR truck body would be insane! And the pro4 class will take off!!!

BRC

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
If we were to do the 2WD buggy here is what the proposed MSRP would be.

I listed what I think the street price would be from dealers but of course that could change.

With factory built 25cc (not confirmed actual size and not confirmed if motor is any good) with servos but no remote or receiver. MSRP would be $699 and I would think street price would be about $100 less. If we went with a CY 23 we would need to add about $50.

With no engine, no servos, no radio and no receiver. Pretty much a roller. MSRP would be $499 and I would think street price would be about $399.

As you can see, from these prices, we would be competing with the Baja clones that are out there very cheap.

I of course am not against offering these 2WD vehicles, but Rob is still testing them and I am trying to get a feel for how big the market is at the above prices.

Darin

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Rob, you can post whatever you want about it. You have the only sample and feel free to talk about the good the bad and the ugly.

Darin

speedyd

Banned
at 399 for a roller i would definatly do one. you may be competing for sales with baja clones but this thing looks stronger than a 5b. i think this looks like a better vehicle. for this year my rc wishlist is for two items:this roller and a stronger chassis plate for my tt.as much as it kills me to go against the norm (not), i have never been fasinated by the 5b.but i like this layout better and at a price like that its amazing.

kryptonite

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Maybe I am lagging behind here but...why would we want to make it 4WD?
i guess just becouse it could be done. fuel tank, front diff and super long custom drive shaft.. if this would be my only option for a kit, i would probly take it but not really worry bout 4wd.. 2wd is really a blast

speedyd

Banned
ive already got a kick a$$ 4wd. i need 2wd a that is better than my old smartech and is not a 5b.the more i look at this thing the more i like it! i would like to see a vid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

speedyd said:
ive already got a kick a$$ 4wd. i need 2wd a that is better than my old smartech and is not a 5b.the more i look at this thing the more i like it! i would like to see a vid of it.
im on with the vid.. i think rob is our only hope for that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts