• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 2x4 Buggy Testing

RampageHopUps

Well, the Himoto guys leaked it already, so here you go:

Rampage2x4A.JPG

Rampage2x4B.JPG

I have been testing this for a few days now, and I must say it has taken a beating. I have 3 tanks through in all conditions. Racing on Thrusday night, Friday night bashing, and Saturday nihgt hill climbs. The gas tank is huge, so it takes about 75 minutes to run dry. No problems so far.

RampageHopUps

I am not sure Redcat will be importing these. They just got this one on Wednesday for evaluation. Durability and costs need to be figured out.

basher

common guys lets be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely honest. the baja cannot be reinvented it's the best basher lick taking car on earth . this car looks like a 5b basement project. I love my TT, lets focus on making it the badest ass 4wd b4 HPI enters that market.

Clubin

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
It is 2" longer than the Baja, and about 1.5 inches wider. No parts are interchangeable,
There must be part's that are interchangable with the Rampage tough. What are your thoughts on it? How does it handle compared to the 5b?

RampageHopUps

No parts are interchangeable with the Baja. The rampage parts are the same as the TT/MT, except for the chassis, top plate, gas tank, and some other odds and ends. Its a very good entry level 2 wheel drive.

kryptonite

RampageHopUps said:
No parts are interchangeable with the Baja. The rampage parts are the same as the TT/MT, except for the chassis, top plate, gas tank, and some other odds and ends. Its a very good entry level 2 wheel drive.
so do think they will put this out sometime? wondering if we can make it 4wd.

RampageHopUps

The factory has them already. Now its just a matter of how much it will cost. Converting these to 4x4 may be fairly simple if the 4x4 gas tank fits int eh right spot. Then, a really long dog-bone is needed.

kryptonite

RampageHopUps said:
The factory has them already. Now its just a matter of how much it will cost. Converting these to 4x4 may be fairly simple if the 4x4 gas tank fits int eh right spot. Then, a really long dog-bone is needed.
thats great if they have them all set-up to go. wondering what they would cost. i think ANY body that see's these are going to scream baja clone. just becouse at first glance thats what it looks like. i don't think this rig will get us any higher on the food chain.

mooman007uk

Banned
As I don't rate the 5b for anything other than dune running (cos it's a @#$%ing dune buggy and is crap racing round a track, and before any 5b lovers have a go I'm comparing it to my fgbaja which puts laps on them, I've run with them and smoked them...and not one 5b has won an race event in europe when running with fg,laut,harm etc ) i think the last thing we need is another bleedin 5b look alike.

A bigger updated fg style set up would have been better, with enclosed diff, more travel and a wider stance, maybe with a corr style body. Let's have something original.

Kryp's right this wont get redcat any accolades...now people will be calling our rampages clones again

speedyd

Banned
you guys proved the ramage isnt a clone, so whats different about this thing? if it is longer and wider than a 5b it should handle better. i like the solid shock towers they seam stronger than that of the 5b. is the losi 1/10 buggy a clone of the rc10, no its not but there are only so many ways to make a buggy look like a buggy.

i don't see it as much of a clone as i do compitition, and with these races coming up for 5b type cars this car seems like a no brainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online