• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my race xb-e

strodedawg

not yet, have motor all my bullet plugs ready and spent the money for the esc on my 2wd 1/8th buggy project for winter racing season

should have the esc before the end of february

Cain

DemonRC said:
I was looking at a guy's Losi yesterday and was thinking about picking up the shocks also. They are HUGE and look to be the correct length. They are also very smooth because of the size. I really wish they didn't put in a 7mm shaft though. I guess for a 40 lbs car you need them but it might be overkill on a 19 lbs car. I might go ahead and run with the MCD shocks since they are similar size. I know they work very good on the MCD and they are dam near the same size as the Losi shocks.
If you find the MCDs do fit (stock buggy fronts and rears) I'd be curious to know.

strodedawg

just received the upgrade towers and widened the shockmounts on the arm last night.

a spacer here and there and they fit fine. does anyone know the srping rate on the stock xb-e springs?

strodedawg

for now just bought the redcat upgraded towers, but i am working with a old CAD program right now to take the rc8b towers geometry and scale it up

strodedawg

latest up date:

1- working to get some custom springs for the 5t shocks as losi's softest are even too stiff

2- noticed the 7075rc chubs do not allow full downtravel on the front suspension, so i slowly dremeled that section of the arm

3-tt steering rack will not work - making a new aluminum ackerman bar to replace the wire one on stock one now

4- possible located a stiffer spring for the servo saver

set-backs

someone stole my mt-4 will i was packing up the car from some indoor racing

and the money for the fightercat esc is going to a new radio instead

which also sets back the diff cases from 7075rc i was going to get :(

next up grafil body, then esc by spring and some secret indoor testing :) i should have my redcat the way i like it

strodedawg

another update:

1- all my attempts to try something different than the bent wire on the steering rack have failed, just keeping wire until 7075rc comes to the rescue

2- custom five-t springs on order will be here in a week

3- undecided on esc now..... fightercat is on vacation and are never in stock.......people who have them have had many problems or save some more money and get the MGM esc- smaller and lighter but need to find some more feedback on the esc first

killajb

I say hold off on the MGM. Pricey and complicated to really get things working right. If there was serious shortage of power, then I'd perhaps be more agressive in seeking more esc options. As it is now, gearing for normal speeds (35-40) that can actually be used on a track are well within possible with a 6s setup.

A local guy converted his 5-ive T (beat me to it) and is having all kinds of problems from temps to overall top speed. He's looking at MGM and a 2200-series Neu as an option. Serious coinage there man.. All to keep up with XBE w/ leopard speeds geared for all-day use.

I think for what he's going to spend on motor and esc alone, one could buy another XBE and 5692.

strodedawg

my custom springs arrived today

ordered a leopard 5698 motor

ordered a new steering rack as the stock bushings locked up on the the steering posts

polished steering posts

still undecided on an Esc until i get some better reviews of the fightercat esc

Vision

What type of springs did you get ?. I'm using the front springs in the rear also to get the xbe to sit a bit lower.

DemonRC

Hey could you put up a pic of the Losi shocks on your XBE? I'm in the mood to drool on my keyboard.

strodedawg

shock picshere are some horrible pics of the buggy, need a better cameraxb-e is on a stand ride height is nice when fully loaded

SUNP0002.jpg

SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0005.jpg

SUNP0002.jpg

SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0005.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/SUNP0002.jpg.23545806a2b62db17ead9671860baa2d.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/SUNP0003.jpg.fab2dc6bedac4d361d539592664630d9.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/SUNP0005.jpg.597a4883e9ac009e025e730c955f929d.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts