• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my race xb-e

strodedawg

unfortunately fightercat racing is , hopefully temporarily, closed due to personal reasons so my xb-e is on hold until i can get the esc from them or something comparable. so i have extra money to buy some more 7075rc gear ;)

bigblkblazin

i was gonna go for fighter cat also but i wanted a controller and huge motor now so just bought the castle stuff. i am wondering how that 2028 is gonna fit and if the tires are gonna get blown the hell off.

auto2

as far as i know it doesn't fit. too long. better make sure and try and cancel the order if u can

DemonRC

It's too long and the backend will hit the steering bellcrank. You don't want that motor anyways. It's too much motor for a 18 lbs vehicle. Also, it's too expensive considering you can get a Leopard 5692 for almost 1/2 the cost and still have jawdropping power.

Vision

I thought the castle fits with the aftermarket motor mounts ?

DemonRC

Kershaw Designs has a mount where it will fit. I have not taken a look at it but Obeast44 wasn't too hip on it and his word is all I need.

killajb

Too much power and to be honest, not really needed anyway. With other motor options you can reach the chassis limits in terms of power and speed. Considering the nature of electric motors, that implies torque as well. Assuming the Kershaw designs motor mount will hold up (and that's a stretch in my opinion..) what you'd have is a car that drives like it's doing gymnastics rather than a capable vehicle. I'd also be concerned about the spur gear, drive shafts and drive cups under such stresses.

bigblkblazin

To be honest i have experimented with mmm esc with castle , turnigy and kb45 motors . All of them were really hot after 10 minute runs. The kb45(1600) was so hot it melted the solder and was just drifting on pavement.The 1717 was most fun but the shaft broke and when it did run it was very hot. The 2200 kv was most efficient but still had 150 amp spikes and no option to gear up judging by the temp.

Maximum recorded watts was 3400 on the castle 2200 and 3700 on the KB45 ....

So here is the plan take the motor mount and turn it on its axis 180 degrees. Drill a hole for the mount. Then put both 4s batteries on one side. No need for another mount because you can simply take the circle portion that attaches to the motor, drill the mount holes out for the 4mm screws you need. Add some 5mm stand offs for the chassis clearance and you win.

no matter how you see it 8s is better than 6s and more efficient also.

Do the diff cups fail a lot .

Last edited by a moderator:

killajb

Others can chime in on their CC 1717 experiences (gearing), some are using them with success. I tried one first with stock gearing and didn't like where temps were going (150's). I switched to a CC 1520 and haven't looked back. I've got a fan and heatsink mounted on it just in case anyway. Wouldn't ever advise those Hobbywing KB45 motors or anything else for something this size except for CC 1717, CC1520 or Leopard 5692.

**Correction**

Okay, if one were to use a comparable sized Lehner, Neu 1521 or Plettenberg then sure. But prices paid for those are in the stratosphere these days.

killajb

How about some comparison pics of of one XBE shock next to a Losi shock.. Shouldn't take too long to conjure up.

DemonRC

I was looking at a guy's Losi yesterday and was thinking about picking up the shocks also. They are HUGE and look to be the correct length. They are also very smooth because of the size. I really wish they didn't put in a 7mm shaft though. I guess for a 40 lbs car you need them but it might be overkill on a 19 lbs car. I might go ahead and run with the MCD shocks since they are similar size. I know they work very good on the MCD and they are dam near the same size as the Losi shocks.

strodedawg

they are actually 1/4 inch shorter and overkill is part of the fun :)

have the soft gold springs 35f 30r drilled out pistion slightly larger

feels good so far, but stock towers are showing stress fractures from running

new to buy upgraded towers or wait for 7075rc to make some

strodedawg

upgraded towers should be here this week some spacing and odds and ends and pics should be by friday latest monday if i go to the track and practice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts