• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my race xb-e

G

strodedawg said:
right now everything is slowly getting tied together but let me try and explain the layouttake the rear chassis braces and cut them in half, so just the the two rear holes remain

use the rear dogbone for the front dogbone, custom rear is the slow part right now

losi diff in between the dogbones (obviously)

lowered the diff mounts by 2.55mm to lower the CoG a little and have less of a steep angle for the bones

front upper deck front sterring brace to center diff

rear brace from stock bolting place in rear to center diff

both braces will be tied together to be more rigid

servo in same spot

motor behind servo

battery up front across from servo (well my lipo fits :) )

think eb48 from tekno

just need to pick which motor to run and start on the mount
This is going to be very nice. I can't wait to see it completed. desismileys_4374.gif Please post pics.

bigfol

Pic's pic's pic's Man yor killing me, I'm dying to see this thing......LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
G

bigfol said:
Pic's pic's pic's Man yor killing me, I'm dying to see this thing......LOL
desismileys_3709.gif desismileys_3709.gif desismileys_3709.gif

Attachments

• desismileys_3709.gif
    desismileys_3709.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
  • desismileys_3709.gif
    desismileys_3709.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 0

strodedawg

right now it is out of my hands, with the machining getting done. going today to check the progress. if i could decide on a motor, i could then start finalizing my motor mount design and get that started. my rc.A.D.D. is kicking in. just finished my indoor car for the winter season, so my mind is wandering to new projects.................

G

strodedawg said:
right now it is out of my hands, with the machining getting done. going today to check the progress. if i could decide on a motor, i could then start finalizing my motor mount design and get that started. my rc.A.D.D. is kicking in. just finished my indoor car for the winter season, so my mind is wandering to new projects.................
Yeah, I tend to want to start a new project before finishing the last.

strodedawg

castle 2028

trackstar 1/5th

sky rc beast

not sure which to pick. skyrc has the most selections in size and rpm. trackstar has the price and look i want. the 2028 is solid, but i hate castle green :)

ninjagaiden

Indoor 1/5th - that I'd love to see. You race in a warehouse or something?

TP power also have a nice range of ratings. Staff are very helpful too. Dead pleased with my 1000kv and 1100kv so far...

ninjagaiden

I dealt with Candy at TP Power. She quoted me $150 for a TP5660/5Y 1000kv motor including delivery. It took about a week to arrive. She sent it as a gift/sample so I paid no tax. Motor was well boxed, and it does seem that the wiring and insulation has been improved on this newer TP motor compared to my previous one.

The TP's have an open ended can which will help heat dissipation, and in your indoor road car there;s less of a worry about stones getting in the can. The only downside is that the can is like a millimetre or so short of getting a snug fit with the Castle XL blower.

HTH

N

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts