• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my race xb-e

Obeast44

Banned
xbeNewb said:
I'm trying to figure out what that 2nd receiver box is...receiver pack for HV servo?
Thats exactly what I am thinking. Thats a good looking setup for sure, Im curious to see the power that 5692 puts down :D

strodedawg

set up

tekin rx8

leopard 5692

2x 6s 5000mah in parrallel

hitec new HV servo

2nd receiver box for lipo receiver pack

7075rc everything........will buy c-hubs as soon as available :D or anything else for that matter

7k front diff

5k rear diff

geared 11/48

35 weight in shocks

drilled out 2 holes in the piston (forgot size :rolleyes: )

stock rear toe

-1.5 front toe

2 degrees camber front

3 degrees rear

shocks stood all out on towers

front inner arm

rear outward on arm

grp tires medium compound

wing low as possible and nose down

forgot ride height numbers, but rear 2mm higher than front

rear cvds

aluminum steering plate

stoked on running it two weekends from now

the stock one i have has been worn out

cleaned and degreased everything

reamed the suspension arms

very nice vehicle

:D

strodedawg

the receiver pack is there for multiple reasons

1) i have a HV servo and want max torque and speed. the servo @6v is good, but a 7.4v feels quicker and more powerful. less sluggish when accelerating

2) wanted my receiver to have its own power source to maintain control at all times, don't want any incidents with a buggy this big

3) lastly and most importantly, i want every blessed electron to go to the motor from the main lipos :)

strodedawg

ran the xb-e this weekend with some good and bad results

good:

great power and runtime of 20 minutes

set-up is pretty close to where i like it

awesome balance

tough vehicle

responds to adjustments very well

bad

tekin esc not up to the task - mamba xl2 ordered be here about 2 weeks

stock servo saver spring is too weak, causing me to push

Is there a heavier servo saver spiring out there?

Obeast44

Banned
strodedawg said:
ran the xb-e this weekend with some good and bad resultsgood:

set-up is pretty close to where i like it

awesome balance

tough vehicle

responds to adjustments very well

bad

tekin esc not up to the task - mamba xl2 ordered be here about 2 weeks

stock servo saver spring is too weak, causing me to push

Is there a heavier servo saver spiring out there?
Sounds like ya had a blast!

Im curious to know how you car behaves coming into the corners and coming out. Do you like to roll into corners? Are you full on power then max braking to get into the corners? The servo saver spring on mine is quite stiff, and if you are still getting full steering throw, that isnt the issue. You could put some shims under the spring to increase the tension even more.

strodedawg

i am a pretty smooth driver not punchy at all , xb-e rotates very well so i use minimal brakes.

the hitec 5765 servo on 7.4v and the traction from the tires overloaded the spring so i wasn't getting full throw

tightening it down helped though, spring in kinda small though

after new esc and fix the steering issue will have a video

DemonRC

You also need to take in account all the flex in the bellcranks and in the connecting rod between the bellcranks. Hole one tire down and then crank on the other by hand. You can see what I'm talking about. On my XB I vastly increased steering response by stiffening the bellcranks up by filling the cavities with epoxy. The connecting rod was reinforced by welding another rod to it to keep it from flexing.

DemonRC

strodedawg said:
So is that only 20 minutes on duel 6s 5000's wired in parallel for 10,000 mah? I'm bummed. I'll be ordering my 5692 today and all my batteries are coming in today also. I was hoping for at least 25-30 minutes off of 10,000 mah.

strodedawg

stopped running after that, tekin esc was getting too warm.

cancelled order for castle esc, will be ordering a fightercatracing one this week instead

i can hold the servo arm and turn the wheel, slight flex, but the spring just bottoms out

might get the aluminum bellcranks

killajb

Interesting observations..

I'll preface my accounts of XBE performance by stating that I don't race it anywhere, although I have driven it on a track designed for 1/8 scale (mid-sized).

With a CC1520 and the stock ESC and gearing, I get around 21 minutes of runtime using dual 3S 5000mah packs. Highest temps I've seen (here in south florida) are 141 on the motor. ESC is in the 120s and batts are low 100s. I've upgraded to a hitec servo and use a Sportbec bec, which seems to give plenty of steering. I've never had to bother with the servo saver at all. By "plenty of steering", I mean I can flick the car around turns pivoting on the front wheels causing the back end to slide around and follow. I can't wait for other 1/5 scale cars to follow like Losi and the rumored HPI 1/5 scale electric so I can get a sense of where this car is.

Strodedawg, what are you using to compare performance? All I have to go by are my 1/8 scale cars on the same track and by all accounts my XBE is dialed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts