• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my race xb-e

DemonRC

strodedawg said:
might get the aluminum bellcranks
Better watch out with those. I used to run them in my TT. I bought the HPI-30 right when it first came out and destroyed the servo in one day because the server saver locked up. It wasn't like I burned the motor or stripped some gears or anything. I actually blew the case apart. The metal gears wouldn't break so the only place for them to go was out the side. Anyways, I checked the server saver and a little bit of sand locked that dam thing solid.

strodedawg

all i have to compare is my 8th scale electrics. as far as handling its awesome but the esc came off at 162 and i didn't want to push it any further. 8th scale buggies usually lap around 12 laps in 5 minutes, bajas 10 in 5. my practice times were around 11 in 5. i still had plenty of juice left in the packs when i shut it down after 20 min, at least another 5+ min. need to check my log book on the exact temps and mah left.

very happy with car just always looking for more lol

auto2

i have MMM in mine with 1717 and a 6 minute oval race temps were 125 esc and 130 motor ( with 2 fans on motor) . probablly easier on the esc on an oval track. i like not having a center diff and such a long wheel base . ( compared to 1/8th scale.

i was doing 9.4 second laps and the 1/10 mod oval cars were 9.5 to 10 sec las for the fast guys.

strodedawg

ok ran one more time before the track closed for the winter. no real racing just a test and tune/ fun.

things i want / need to do to this beast:

1 - towers: need new ones resembling the rc8b towers except larger of course :)

for better geometry, more adjustability and durability (thicker)

2 - steering rack: does the tt rack fit? can we just get 7075rc to make a new draglink?

longer steering turnbuckle, just like the rc8 mod before the rc8b came out

love the car can't wait for the c-hubs to arrive

might gear down a tooth and run 8s when the fightercat esc is here

DemonRC

I'm not worried about that car one bit. It's front light and rear heavy like the FG and pushes in the corner on power. Take a look at our car. With the big daddy Leopard jammed all the way forward my CG point is dead center between the wheels with the stock batteries. When I throw in the 3s 5000's is moves back about 10mm to the rear. Can you imagine where it's gonna be on the Nutech? It's gonna be way to the rear which is gonna kill it's front traction.

Speaking of balance. I just figured out that there are two mounting points for the battery trays. Ya I know... I'm dense... but I at least noticed it now :) . I think I'm going to move my Traxxes RX box to the upper plate and add another set of holes in between for 3 mounting points. When I move to duel 6s packs I'm sure I'll shift the packs forward to maintain the balance point.

killajb

LOL, I used the other battery tray mounting holes when I upgraded batteries.

Interesting to hear about the lack of balance that thing may have. It does appear heavier, and yes it looks like the center of gravity is rearward. Don't like that. Don't like hongepins with e-clips either. I do like the included leopard motor and aluminum motor mount. I believe I stated my next planned project of making a truck from an XBE roller. Gonna be a toss-up, but i'm still leaning on getting one.

strodedawg

selling my leopard 5692 1090 kv motor in favor of a lower kv. pm if interested and want to make an offer. putting it here before the for sale forum

going 12s :)

maszti

Can you tell me what assemblies you are going to use in 12s setup?

does it mean leopard is not impressing you? what is wrong with your current setup?

strodedawg

no, i love the leopard, just going with a lower kv to accomadate the higher voltage.

i used to run 4s in my 1/8th buggy and switched to 6s, resulting in lower temps and slightly more run time, not noticable in a 10 minute race.

1/5 racing is much longer so i ordered another set of lipos for pit stops, velcro on the chassis guards want to be able to run for an hour! keeping temps down and power up is crucial

i am running the same lipos i was in my original set-up

original 2x 6s 5300mah in parrallel :)

new 2x 6s 5300 in series :eek:

same total power just done a little differently

Obeast44

Banned
strodedawg said:
same total power just done a little differently
The best way I can sum that up is this.

Its like racing with a 400hp 4 banger wide open for 20min vs an 800hps v8 at half throttle for 20min.

The peak wattage and rpm stays the same but due to the higher voltage/lower KV the motor isnt "lugged" nearly as hard as a motor on half the voltage/twice the KV.

Cain

what motor are you looking to go with?

I am thinking of picking up one of these vehicles as a roller and upgrading it as I see fit. As I have 1/8 4S lipos, I figure why not use a similar pair in series . Looking at what I have been advised as far as diff ratio and tire size (6.15 inches?)

I was thinking of going with the 730Kv leopard on that power plant.

By the way, what size pinions using the leopard motor and the motor mount (7075rc?) you are suing do you think you can fit, smallest to largest?

Cain

Thanks. For the tires you are using, are they the front Baja type or, are you using the rear baja type on the rear, and the fronts on the fronts?

strodedawg

wear is great. was thinking about using the kershaw designs 17mm adaptors to try some truggy tires and rims also. lighter rotating mass and opens a huge amount of treads and compounds. only problem is that can they handle the abuse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts