• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I think I need a new head for my Zenoah OBR Pro Stock

Deluge

The ball end hex is awesome. Helps you get into tight areas and awkward angles. The ball end tends to snap off in the smaller sizes (2mm - 3mm). The set that I linked gives you a regular hex in those sizes, so you don't break them. I've put them through hell, and I haven't snapped one, yet.

Deluge

Yep, they're in Cali. That's a nice kit and you'll use it often. The T handle set is awesome, as well. Get it when you can. You can never have too many quality tools. Also, you can use the bits you purchased on an electric screwdriver. That's what I'm looking to get, soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yep, they're in Cali. That's a nice kit and you'll use it often. The T handle set is awesome, as well. Get it when you can. You can never have too many quality tools. Also, you can use the bits you purchased on an electric screwdriver. That's what I'm looking to get, soon.
Electric screw driver? What do you think about my DC970 18v Dewalt? What's the difference between the electric screw driver?

Deluge

It has an adjustable clutch specifically for that reason. If you watch the TeamFastEddy vids, you'll see that he uses that same driver when he installs Baja upgrades. I believe he used it in the engine rebuild vids, as well.

G

The drivers are worth their weight in gold. I just have the HF version and it has been great. I liked it so much i went back to get the drill version. The 12 volt lithium makes them great.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
It has an adjustable clutch specifically for that reason. If you watch the TeamFastEddy vids, you'll see that he uses that same driver when he installs Baja upgrades. I believe he used it in the engine rebuild vids, as well.
My Dewault has adjustable clutch too. Maybe the advantage of the electric driver is its size?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The drivers are worth their weight in gold. I just have the HF version and it has been great. I liked it so much i went back to get the drill version. The 12 volt lithium makes them great.
Which one did you get?

ChuenouXiao

Where can I get a press to help me re-install my bearings into my crank case? What other procedure do you guys do to re-install your bearing into your crank case? Where can I get a press? How much?

G

You can just use some two stroke oil for any assembly, it will help some. Pressed bearings go in fairly easy.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Where can I get a press to help me re-install my bearings into my crank case? What other procedure do you guys do to re-install your bearing into your crank case? Where can I get a press? How much?
If you don't have a press, try this. Put the bearings in a Ziploc bag and throw them in the freezer for a few hours. While they're in the freezer, throw the case in the oven for 8 minutes at 300 degrees. After the case is heated, pull it out, take the bearings out of the freezer and put them in the case. They'll literally fall in. Then let the case air cool and you're done.

You can also use this method to remove the bearings. Put the case in the oven for 8 minutes at the same temp and they'll fall right out. If they don't fall out by themselves, just tap the case and they'll come out.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
If you tap it in... do you use oil to lube it? Is it hard to tap or is it quite easy? BTW that press is not too bad regarding price.
If you use a socket to tap them in, make sure it's clean. A dirty socket will contaminate the bearings. Personally, I wouldn't use a socket to tap them in. If the bearing goes in crooked, you could crack the case.

ChuenouXiao

All great advise :D I prefer the press :D but most likely I won't take out my bearing unless its bad. I will definitely take off my seal to inspect the bearing though. Thanks for the response guys :D Will post here again if I got questions :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts