• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I think I need a new head for my Zenoah OBR Pro Stock

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
Chue on the forth photo looks like the teflon basket is deformed and pushing out.check it out
Yes.... I saw that already :D It looks deform because the bolts are holding very tight. The part of the gasket that doesn't have contact to the engine head stays normal while the one that makes contact, is compress.... that's why its like that :D How about yours? Does yours look like that? Are you talking about the fourth pix or the fifth (just want to double check)?

ChuenouXiao

I think this is what also is contributing to my engine not starting before I rebuild my engine. Besides me installing my intake gasket improperly from my intake bolts coming loose and my spark plug threads being destroyed. It looks like I will need a new wire for my killer bee kill switch... I don't want to replace the whole thing... I hope killer RC sells it. It looks like a ground wire?

G

You can use any wire to replace it. That switch completes the circuit between the two wires. It basically just grounds out the coil which kills the spark.

If there is bare wire that touches anything it could have grounded the coil.

Ildy666

Chue the forth pic. But if u say its good then it just might be the way the picture looks...carry on then....lol....

ChuenouXiao

Your thoughts on my teflon gasket when viewing from my stock filter with WOT. Is everyone experiencing the same thing with teflon gasket? Will this effect my acceleration? Should I bother flipping that gasket upside down to see if it clear? Did I install it upside down?

G

They go either way, so I don't think flipping it will be any different. I looks like it is squished which pushes all edges outward. You can try taking it apart an realigning it.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
They go either way, so I don't think flipping it will be any different. I looks like it is squished which pushes all edges outward. You can try taking it apart an realigning it.
Maybe I shouldn't even consider re-adjusting and installing? Too tight? Is it re-useable if I re-align? Do you experience this too?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Even though I didn't want to get my hands dirty after washing it already I went back and flipped the gasket. Its a lot better now. Just a very small portion is buldging in from the left side. So small it won't matter I guess. :) thanks for he tip RCdad :)

G

I don't see gasket like that when I look.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Shots of my complete engine rebuild and the most important... my Billet intake and teflon gasket. It seems very sturdy to me when I torque to 30in lb as recommended by torque spec. So far base on my limited knowledge on my Billet intake, it seems like there shouldn't be any air leak although I've read about people experiencing that.... I don't think I would need to cut centimeter of the intake bolts and filter bolts so far.... please let me know what you guys think.
Did you do a test fit with the gaskets to make sure you don't need to cut the bolts?

When I tighten my intakes, I snug up the bolts and give it a half turn after that. Same with the carb bolts. If you over tighten them, the Teflon gaskets will bulge out.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Did you do a test fit with the gaskets to make sure you don't need to cut the bolts?When I tighten my intakes, I snug up the bolts and give it a half turn after that. Same with the carb bolts. If you over tighten them, the Teflon gaskets will bulge out.
Deluge I did a test but my way of testing. I compared the upgrade intake to my stock intake, separate each bolts and put them on each intake. I notice the aluminum intake is slightly smaller.... about 2 cm or less smaller. But the Teflon gasket makes up for that loss of size and according to my judgment.... both bolts on carb and upgrade intake has enough room to safely secure. The reason for this is because when I insert one of the bolt on the fly wheel side of the engine of the intake hole, it shows me that I have enough space to tightening my bolt :D I think... its not me over tightening it... I think it's the way they cut the gasket?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I think this is what also is contributing to my engine not starting before I rebuild my engine. Besides me installing my intake gasket improperly from my intake bolts coming loose and my spark plug threads being destroyed. It looks like I will need a new wire for my killer bee kill switch... I don't want to replace the whole thing... I hope killer RC sells it. It looks like a ground wire?
Looks like the zip tie sliced it. Highly unlikely that it would cause a no start condition. Contact KillerRC and see what he can do for you.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge I did a test but my way of testing. I compared the upgrade intake to my stock intake, separate each bolts and put them on each intake. I notice the aluminum intake is slightly smaller.... about 2 cm or less smaller. But the Teflon gasket makes up for that loss of size and according to my judgment.... both bolts on carb and upgrade intake has enough room to safely secure. I think... its not me over tightening it... I think it's the way they cut the gasket?
Ok, as long as you tested it. Should be fine.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Teflon gaskets are re-useable.
Thanks bud :D can't wait to start my XB once I figure why my pulley is giving me problem when fully assembled onto my crown gear and squish is measured :D

ChuenouXiao

Oh boy!!!!Three long high speed run and the c clip flys out!!!!!!! I had fun though! It wasn't me, my brother in law was playing with my XB and that's what happened. How do I prevent the C clip from flying like this guys? Maybe we were running slightly lean, especially when you're doing long high speed runs constantly? Running richer will definitely help? Going to rebuild the engine ;D At least now I know exactly what is wrong now :D Give me your input guys on reducing the possibility of the c clip from flying out.

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/imagejpeg_0_2.jpg.11e3c554853574ac94c62965c121ad1c.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.