• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I think I need a new head for my Zenoah OBR Pro Stock

ChuenouXiao

Why are these breaking apart? What causes this? Are there any better quality head that I can use on my Zenoah OBR with no problem where I can just install it and works fine? Are the head material too cheap?

ChuenouXiao

All I care about is quality... which head will fit my engine with no problem and is very high quality that won't shred like the one above? What do I need to get too... gasket? Any special sealant? I don't feel comftable running my engine with these threads like this...

Deluge

Honestly, you don't need one. That's not a major issue. Just don't over tighten the spark plug and you'll be fine. Hand tight plus a 1/4 turn is all it needs. Put some anti-seize on the threads, as well.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Honestly, you don't need one. That's not a major issue. Just don't over tighten the spark plug and you'll be fine. Hand tight plus a 1/4 turn is all it needs. Put some anti-seize on the threads, as well.
What if I want to replace it? :D Deluge, I've always been hand tightening until it locks and then I do 1/4 of a turn.... For a new plug... I do hand tightening until it locks and then 1/2 a turn. Remember me asking about that on the forum? :D Not sure if you have the chance to read it or if you remember. Do you know any good head that will fit my OBR with no problem that is better quality?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

The only place you can get a head with the same porting, would be OBR. And it'll still be a Zenoah head. If you have crap falling into the cylinder, pull the cylinder off and clean it up.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
The only place you can get a head with the same porting, would be OBR. And it'll still be a Zenoah head. If you have crap falling into the cylinder, pull the cylinder off and clean it up.
Let me contact OBR... see what I they can do to help me....

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
I un-mounted the engine head.. and cleaned the particle :D Just need a new head :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Nice. Hopefully OBR can help you out. Weird how the threads just fell off.
Deluge... when I try to tightening the plug into it... it just never lock up. This is when I know all the treads are gone... :( They basically fall off like leaves... you can still feel the treads base on the head but the major sharp treads are all gone :( Why is this happening to me? :(

ChuenouXiao

Here is a pic of the shredded threads from my cylinder head....... :( What we are seeing here is just the base line of the threads.... the actual sharp thread all fell off.... :(

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
How does the cylinder look?
Here it is.... it looks fine to me :D Your thoughts? BTW... that dark thing in the middle near the plug hole there is just black particle that makes it look like its deform.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Looks good to me. No obvious signs of damage. Have you heard from OBR, yet?
Sean asked me if I want the whole kit, piston and all the other stuff.... its the weekend so he hadn't respond yet. I told him I just need the head for now. Deluge.... what do I lube my head and piston with when I put my piston into my head? Just 2 stroke oil?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.