• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I think I need a new head for my Zenoah OBR Pro Stock

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Check these out...DDM Allen (Hex) Hardened Steel Drivers - Set of 5 (2,2.5,3,4,5mm)

To use them on a torque wrench, just get a 1/4" socket with the correct drive size and you're good to go.
Sorry Deluge, I'm so noob about this but I bought this

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PFM0/W3001C.oap?ck=Search_torque_-1_2588&keyword=torque

With your harden steel driver above and this torque wrench... what socket do I need to integrate the hex to my torque wrench?

G

Like he said any 1/4 inch socket that fits the drive size of your wrench will work. :)

G

Yes, correct. The wrench you bought is a 1/2 inch drive. That's the square that the sockets snap onto. You will most likely will need a reducer. It might be hard to find a 1/2 inch drive 1/4 inch socket.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yes, correct. The wrench you bought is a 1/2 inch drive. That's the square that the sockets snap onto. You will most likely will need a reducer. It might be hard to find a 1/2 inch drive 1/4 inch socket.
Reducer? Basically a conversion from 1/2 inch drive to 1/4 inch socket drive right? Then from there, I can mount my socket into the other end of my 1/4 conversion socket and use my allen hex bit from there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Due to their length... don't you think they will flex a little Deluge? Throwing off the torque wrench measurement?
They won't flex. You're not going to be putting a huge amount of torque on them.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Reducer? Basically a conversion from 1/2 inch drive to 1/4 inch socket drive right? Then from there, I can mount my socket into the other end of my 1/4 conversion socket and use my allen hex bit from there?
Can you return it? A 3/8" drive torque wrench would be better. Then all you'd need is a 1/4" socket with a 3/8" drive.

This would be ideal...

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/KDT0/2956/N0730.oap?ck=Search_torque+wrench_N0730_-1_-1&keyword=torque+wrench&pt=N0730&ppt=C0216

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Can you return it? A 3/8" drive torque wrench would be better. Then all you'd need is a 1/4" socket with a 3/8" drive.This would be ideal...

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/KDT0/2956/N0730.oap?ck=Search_torque+wrench_N0730_-1_-1&keyword=torque+wrench&pt=N0730&ppt=C0216
Yikes.... I put in the zip code 95831 and it gave me the price of $85.99 for the one you listed Deluge???

I bought this before I bought the old fashion torque... I returned it because I don't know how to measure or read it...

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PFM0/M202P/N0730.oap?ck=Search_N0730_-1_2588&pt=N0730&ppt=C0216

Sticking to the old fashion style :D

Deluge, maybe keeping the 1/2 is a good idea because I can use it for other automotive stuff? :D Never mind....... I realize that the one you listed is the best one available with that beam style with 3/4 drive for inch lb.... :( Prob have to get it :( The other newer style I don't know how to adjust and read the measurement....

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
I also use a beam style torque wrench.Think I got mine at o`riely auto parts=$11.99. I think you torque them to 5ft lbs,I may stand to be corrected.
I bought the one you got... here is the link

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PFM0/W3001C/N0730.oap?ck=Search_N0730_-1_2588&pt=N0730&ppt=C0216

Seems like it measure in ft lb? The torque chart giving to me by Deluge says Inch lb? Am I suppose to do a conversion? (sounds like I have to return it?)

ChuenouXiao

Deluge

You could convert inch-lbs to ft-lbs, but it's easier to just get an inch-lbs torque wrench. Looks like you got a good one.

RAMJET

a foot lb torque wrench could be converted but it would not be accurate enough to use on those little bolts . I have seen thread damage like you had in the plug hole, most likely the plug came loose at one point .when this happens the plug hammers and fractures the threads when the engine is running . you could have a thread insert installed to save the cylinder .you would not want to purchase the insert kit your self because they are very expensive and you most likely would never use it again.but if you contact a machine shop they could do it for you for $15 or so and it will be better and stronger than new with the steel insert.Roger

ChuenouXiao

RAMJET said:
a foot lb torque wrench could be converted but it would not be accurate enough to use on those little bolts . I have seen thread damage like you had in the plug hole, most likely the plug came loose at one point .when this happens the plug hammers and fractures the threads when the engine is running . you could have a thread insert installed to save the cylinder .you would not want to purchase the insert kit your self because they are very expensive and you most likely would never use it again.but if you contact a machine shop they could do it for you for $15 or so and it will be better and stronger than new with the steel insert.Roger
Good idea on the insert. Going to re-build my engine with a new piston and cylinder head along with the piston washers. If the thread shreds again... I'll probably do a steel insert like you said :D One thing I'm worry about is the thread insert might be slightly too high or to low when its installed, that's all :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge... since my C clip somehow flew out and probably went inside the crank case, do you think my crank case is damage in any way? I wouldn't think so but I'm going to open it up to clean the debris and check for damage. What should I look for while looking at the crank case.... I assume the bearings inside the crank case is the most important....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts