• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I think I need a new head for my Zenoah OBR Pro Stock

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yep, just two stroke oil. What does the piston look like?
Here's two shots of my piston..... Please give me your thoughts... If I didn't take a shot from a certain position, that's because that part of the piston has nothing special... no scratch or nothing significant. The scratch on the piston is on the right side of the engine. Small scratches are ok (the scratches are very small... and not deep at all...)? Please give me your thoughts.... the rings seems fine... don't know if I should replace it.... probably is a good idea.... Base on this video here from this gentlemen... I've interpret that my engine runs clean.... there is no blow by but the gouge in the right side of the head causes the scratch i believe (remember the gouge from my previous post?). Do you guys agree with me?

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

The C clip that holds the wrist pin in place is gone. Did you remove it? If you didn't, I'd tear down the case and look for it. As far as the ring, I'd put a new one on. The piston itself isn't horrible. The deposits on top of the piston are normal.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
The C clip that holds the wrist pin in place is gone. Did you remove it? If you didn't, I'd tear down the case and look for it. As far as the ring, I'd put a new one on. The piston itself isn't horrible. The deposits on top of the piston are normal.
C clip? I didn't remove anything Deluge..... Got a pic? did you want to give me a time frame of team eddy engine rebuild?

ChuenouXiao

Oh are you talking about the clip that holds the piston onto the shaft? Don't know the name. I think I C clip on the other side... I believe you only need it on one side only right? Let me take a pic....

Deluge

Yep, that's the C clip. If you look at the other side, you can see the groove that the clip sits in.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I don't have all the tool to take the engine apart.... :( Maybe I should send it back to OBR to get it fix? I don't have the flywheel tool too to crack the casing... :(
You can remove it the same way you remove the clutch plate. Just get two 6mm screws that are about 2 inches long, thread them in and pop it off.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Or, you could get order a flywheel puller. DDM has the HPI tool on special. You're going to have to order the C clips, anyway.HPI RC/CY Flywheel Puller

Zenoah/CY Piston Pin Snap Ring (Circlip) Set
For this video below

[ame]

[/ame]I notice he use that tool to take his flywheel off, I can do the same thing but with two long bolt that will fit right? Or I can buy the flywheel puller you listed Deluge? Probably order the flywheel removal and get it over with... :( Got to save for it... :( Its going to cost me around $106 to replace my cylinder head and that's not considering this tool and the c clip. Also not considering gaskets... might be a while until my cars gets back up and running.....

Deluge

He's using the Zenoah tool. I have that, but it's around $40. You can use two screws, but I'd get the HPI puller. This won't be the last time you'll need to take the flywheel off, so you may as well get the right tool.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
He's using the Zenoah tool. I have that, but it's around $40. You can use two screws, but I'd get the HPI puller. This won't be the last time you'll need to take the flywheel off, so you may as well get the right tool.
You are correct and you do make sense :D So the HPI puller will work with my clutch carrier and my flywheel removal? Or is this one specifically for the flywheel?

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Deluge, opening the crank case and installing new head along with piston and so on..... after all this... break in is recommended huh?
Yep. Just break it in like you did before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts